John Marston

MLK Weekend Thread: Glass - 40m 3 day, 47m 4 day| Aquaman passes 300m| Dragonball - 21m 5 day

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

I wondee if if that’s true or he is just saying that to look good 

Who knows? According to The Hollywood Reporter, he financed it himself and kept it to a low $20 million, despite Disney and Universal offering him a larger budget. 

3 minutes ago, #ED said:

I’m here for DragonBall Numbers.

15 minutes ago, bcf26 said:

Friday numbers for DragonBall?

1 hour ago, The Fast and the Furiosa said:

Dragon Ball? 🙏

Didn't get the hourly update but am told it will be $1.8mn Friday.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fielding said:

Who knows? According to The Hollywood Reporter, he financed it himself and kept it to a low $20 million, despite Disney and Universal offering him a larger budget. 

Does this $20mn include remurenations to Samuel L Jackson, Bruce, McAvoy and rest. I don't think so. Or may be some profit sharing.

Just saw Glass.

I don't expect a good cinema score and definitely expect a big 2nd weekend drop.

Not saying its a bad movie but its just very...exhausting. I could sense half my audience was on the verge of sleeping.

Glass received a b cinemascore. Higher than the C cinemascore unbreakable received and lower than the B+ split received. It also has a 79% audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes which is the same thing that split and unbreakable have. Seems like audiences are finding to feel more satisfying than critics.

Edited by Curtis1986
  • Like 2

It hasn't even been a week yet, should we really pretend that we know that Glass's RT audience score won't drop. Also is a B anything to brag about? Unbreakable was a re-evaluated film, it's cinemascore nearly 20 years ago doesn't matter one way or the other. Anyway the word of mouth could be stellar for all I know, I just don't think that we have proof that it is yet. Is the new rallying cry going to be people pretending that every badly reviewed film is going to be like Venom? Because that's getting obnoxious already.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

5 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I don't disagree with you. His charisma definitely helps the movie a lot and Snyder cast him. I don't deny that Snyder is apart of the success but Snyder's problem was never casting. The casting in his movies is good and interesting 95% of the time. It's the film surrounding the casting that causes the 65-70% drops. No matter what one thinks of the film Wan is a good popcorn director. Momoa was not going to be allowed to drearily mope in his movie the way Cavill is forced to. Wan was not going to have people walk out of his movie in a depressed state.

4 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm ready to move on as well. I'm excited for DC's future for the first time in years. I love that Aquaman was a raving success that crushed the competition despite smug media types predicting it to flop. It feels me with glee. I just hate when Snyder types use unsubstantiated reports to try to steal glory from non white male directors. Post Justice League Aquaman wouldn't be passing 300mil this weekend if Snyder had directed it. 

He had minor producer credit in WW and AQM and I never seen Momoa,Gal or Ezra them mope in BvS,SS cameo or JL trailers/movie in whatever capacity there role were in those film , maybe i saw a different but your critique is as uni-dimensional as u think of Snyder's handling those character himself

1 hour ago, UNDERDOG said:

Just saw Glass.

I don't expect a good cinema score and definitely expect a big 2nd weekend drop.

Not saying its a bad movie but its just very...exhausting. I could sense half my audience was on the verge of sleeping.

I fell asleep like 3 times lmao

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

He had minor producer credit in WW and AQM and I never seen Momoa,Gal or Ezra them mope in BvS,SS cameo or JL trailers/movie in whatever capacity there role were in those film , maybe i saw a different but your critique is as uni-dimensional as u think of Snyder's handling those character himself

That was the best response to my posts? How disappointing. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

That was the best response to my posts? How disappointing. 

Your posts haven't been worthy of anything more. Patty Jenkins herself praised Snyder and thanked him for his contributions.  Jason Momoa recently wrote a thank you to Snyder. This report that you claim is "false" (with zero evidence to offer) states that Wan sought Snyder's opinions on the movie and it's story/characters and did not like what Whedon did with the character. 

Nobody is trying to take credit away from Patty Jenkins or James Wan.  All anyone has done is either post facts or a report that came out yesterday. You haven't provided anything other than BvS had a terrible drop.  Okay,  cool.  It still made $873M and it's well known there was studio interference. What does any of that have to do with what Patty has said or Gal has said or Jason Momoa has said or the report about Wan.