The Panda

The 2019 BOFFY Awards - VOTING DEADLINE TODAY

Now that I’ve finally seen all the Best Picture nominees, I can properly rank them now:

1. Roma

2. If Beale Street Could Talk

3. Blindspotting

4. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

5. BlacKkKlansman

6. A Star is Born

7. Mission: Impossible - Fallout

8. Leave No Trace

9. The Favourite

10. Avengers: Infinity War

Let’s say the Hard deadline to send in your votes is March 7th.  I know I had originally said the 28th, but I’ll be out of town that full weekend so might as well just give extra time to vote.

That’ll be the deadline for write ups too!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think we've got a great list of Best Picture candidates.

We've got:

• The Superhero Movies (Avengers / Spider-Verse)
  • The Traditional Blockbusters (Fallout / Star is Born)
  • The Art-House Films (Roma / The Favourite)
  • The Treasures of Modern Afrocinema (Klansman / Beale Street)
  • The Sundance Breakouts (Blindspotting / Leave No Trace)

This is the kind of list of ten that, I think, mirrors the first two years of the Oscar's shift from five Best Picture nominees to ten Best Picture nominees. It's inclusive. That's nothing short of awesome.

• Like 3

I think the deadline is tomorrow, so...

@WrathOfHan @Jason @DAR @IronJimbo @Brainbug @matrixdmath5 @Daxtreme @4815162342 @Jake Gittes @Pandamia! @filmlover @Morieris @JamesCameronScholar @Slambros @Rorschach @Blankments @CoolioD1 @aabattery @MrPink @grim22 @Ethan Hunt @Porthos @Spagheditary @DeeCee @Wrath @Jandrew @Cmasterclay @Kalo @AndyLL @Jayhawk @Jay Hollywood @franfar @Water Bottle @Chewy @#ED @Empire @Fancyarcher @TalismanRing @captainwondyful @kayumanggi @Sam @The Futurist @Noctis @redfirebird2008 @RichWS @ddddeeee @K1stpierre @Ozymandias @a2k @The Stingray @Lordmandeep @MovieMan89 @Claire of Themyscira @tribefan695 @DAJK @Gopher @ElastiRoc @chasmmi @JJ-8 @Spidey Freak @YourMother the Edgelord @Arlborn @Nova @RobrtmanAStarWarsReference @cookie @grey ghost @lilmac @Jack Nevada @James @RandomCat @ChipMunky @elcaballero @MCKillswitch123 @angeldelmito @CaptainJackSparrow @Captain Craig @baumer @cannastop @75Live @Goffe @Tower @Napoleon @rukaio101 @Michael Gary Scott @POTUS @Walt Disney @darkelf @ChD @ShouldIBeHere @SchumacherFTW @Eevin @Alpha @Fullbuster @Mattrek @AJG @Webslinger @Kalderic @boomboom234 @vc2002 @Valonqar @Mulder @Blaze Heatnix @Shawn @sfran43 @Biggestgeekever @Thanos Legion @MrGlass2 @cax16 @Darth Lehnsherr @TLK @ACSlater @trifle @Exxdee @misafeco @Barnack @Ithil @StevenG @Finnick @Rebeccas @FantasticBeasts @CoolEric258 @Sheikh @Boxofficerules @KeepItU25071906 @LonePirate @titanic2187 @Olive @ZeeSoh @Jim Shorts @Mekanos @raulbalarezo @The Fast and the Furiosa @m3racer123 @That One Guy@SchumacherFTW 

@Telemachos@reddevil19

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

On 2/3/2019 at 1:04 AM, The Panda said:

I am looking for people to be willing to do write ups for movies!  

I need two people per movie, first come first serve.  The write ups will be shown during the ceremony.  The write up should be positive, but beyond that it’s up to you how to do it.

You can do multiple write ups, but don’t volunteer for more than three unless we’re needing more volunteers.

Infinity War (Tele, Ruk)

BlacKkKlansman (slam, CoolEric)

Blindspotting (Panda, 1 slot)

The Favourite (Han, Tree)

If Beale Street Could Talk (CoolEric, 1 Free Slot)

Leave No Trace (Ethan, 1 Free Slot)

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (TOG, 1 free slot)

Roma (Ror, 1 Free Slot)

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Blanks, Ruk)

A Star is Born (slam, cap)

Those slots on Leave No Trace and Beale Street still free?

• Like 1