movies!movies!

Crawl | July 12, 2019 | Paramount

Starts off a little slow but kicks into gear after the first act. 

Thought it had some really cool, intense moments but was also really fun! 

I really feel like this should have had a different release date and with a better marking could have at least done a little better. Hopefully it has solid WOM and has a decent run. 

I wanted to really like this movie but it lost me 

the girl gets grabbed by the leg by a gator and tossed around and even though in real life it would have torn her leg right off, she basically brushes it off like it's a small cut. Then later she gets bitten again on the arm, and again, even though it likely would have torn her arm clean off, she again just brushes it off like it is nothing. Then the dad actually does get his arm torn off, but then he and his daughter act like nothing happened. Then the allgiator puts the girl on a death roll, and she survives that too? Are you shitting me? I know this is a movie but this is too far. Especially for something that supposed to be somewhat grounded. 

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

I wanted to really like this movie but it lost me 

Hide contents

the girl gets grabbed by the leg by a gator and tossed around and even though in real life it would have torn her leg right off, she basically brushes it off like it's a small cut. Then later she gets bitten again on the arm, and again, even though it likely would have torn her arm clean off, she again just brushes it off like it is nothing. Then the dad actually does get his arm torn off, but then he and his daughter act like nothing happened. Then the allgiator puts the girl on a death roll, and she survives that too? Are you shitting me? I know this is a movie but this is too far. Especially for something that supposed to be somewhat grounded. 

Yeah it was a fun movie but the main character were basically dressed with tons of plot armour. The alligators never stood a chance.

Again, still a fun movie though. 

• Like 1

Another random thought about this movie: great job by Kaya Scodelario and Barry Pepper. The father daughter relationship/story felt really genuine. You feel the heartbeat of this movie all the way through even though you're also spending the whole time freaking out about those gators!

• Like 1

This dropped 49.2% this weekend for a $6.1M total 2nd weekend. I had hoped it would have a bit of a better drop but on the other hand that's about as good a drop as you can ask for for a horror. It didn't start with a big enough total to leg it out too much but I hope it runs steady for several weekends now, at least until 47 Meters Down: Uncaged.

• Like 1

For whatever reason I just couldn't get into this movie. I didnt care for it one bit. There's nothing wrong with the movie and I can't even point to what it is that made me not care for it. By all accounts I should have liked it, it's the kind of movie I usually really enjoy, but I didn't.

• Like 1

I love how, despite getting far less hype than Midsommar (which felt like it had been talked up for months), this movie is doing better and has already outgrossed that one though it's been out one week less. Well-deserved.

• Knock It Off 2

On 7/23/2019 at 1:36 PM, KC7 said:

I love how, despite getting far less hype than Midsommar (which felt like it had been talked up for months), this movie is doing better and has already outgrossed that one though it's been out one week less. Well-deserved.

Not surprising in the least though. Despite the hype for Midsommar, this one is far more accessible.