CoolioD1

Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright Directing + Anya Taylor-Joy stars) | October 29, 2021

I don't think there's a thread for this. first time i've seen it mentioned at least, in an Empire interview.

In the new issue of Empire, we’re celebrating the career of Edgar Wright – the visionary, playful, genre-twisting British filmmaker behind the Cornetto trilogy, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and Baby Driver. While his most recent film saw him steer into crime-thriller territory, delivering rip-roaring car chases and spins on the traditional heist movie, he’s about to venture even further from his comedy roots with his next film. Talking to Empire, Wright revealed his next project is a straight-up psychological horror-thriller – he cites Don’t Look Now and Roman Polanski's Repulsion as influences – set in London, and starring a female lead.

“I realised I had never made a film about central London – specifically Soho, somewhere I’ve spent a huge amount of time in the last 25 years,” Wright tells Empire in the new issue, out 24 January. “With Hot Fuzz and Shaun Of The Dead you make movies about places you’ve lived in. This movie is about the London I’ve existed in.” The film will shoot this summer from a screenplay co-written by Krysty Wilson-Cairns.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/edgar-wright-next-film-psychological-horror-plus-baby-driver-2-update-exclusive/

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TMP said:

since his original work prior to Baby Driver didn't have especially interesting female characters.

Haven't read into / seen that one, but that is exactly why I was never interested into his work (and still am very happy about him not having done Ant-Man/Wasp)

The film will apparently jump between a 1960s setting and modern day, with Smith’s character acting as a “manager” in the ’60s bits for the previously cast Anya Taylor-Joy.

McKenzie, meanwhile, will star in the modern segments, where she’ll be playing a “fashion student.”

https://news.avclub.com/edgar-wright-adds-matt-smith-leave-no-traces-thomasin-1832805237

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1