Jump to content
filmlover

Rank the Best Picture nominees: 2018 Edition

Favorite movie of the nominees  

23 members have voted

  1. 1. Favorite movie of the nominees

    • Black Panther
      3
    • BlacKkKlansman
      1
    • Bohemian Rhapsody
      1
    • The Favourite
      4
    • Green Book
      0
    • Roma
      6
    • A Star is Born
      8
    • Vice
      0


Recommended Posts

you know what i find frustrating people who think their opinion is fact , you're welcome to yours but clearly a majority of academy members didn't feel the same and thinking emotions don't play a role in how you appreciate the quality of a movie is just weird to me .

 

Do they sometimes get it wrong again between their technical knowledge and opinion /feeling sure but we have to deal with what is given to us not what we wished to have seen nominated that time is behind us now , sometimes we have to just agree to disagree and move along .

 

I was shocked ASIB didn't get a best director nom as I truly believe he deserved to be nominated at the very least but I also raised my eyebrow at it getting a nom in cinematography . I'm not blind to each movies shortcomings I've seen (again based on my personal appreciation and i will gladly defer to the expert in each categories).

Edited by ladyevenstar22
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ladyevenstar22 said:

you know what i find frustrating people who think their opinion is fact , you're welcome to yours but clearly a majority of academy members didn't feel the same and thinking emotions don't play a role in how you appreciate the quality of a movie is just weird to me .

 

Do they sometimes get it wrong again based on opinion /feeling sure but we have to deal with what is given to us not what we wished to have seen nominated that time is behind us now , sometimes we have to just agree to disagree and move along .

 

I was shocked ASIB didn't get a best director nom as I truly believe he deserved to be nominated at the very least but I also raised my eyebrow at it getting a nom in cinematography . I'm not blind to each movies shortcomings I've seen (again based on my personal appreciation and i will gladly defer to the expert in each categories).

He was ok for director nomination until the academy finally saw Cold War

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

He was ok for director nomination until the academy finally saw Cold War

 

Speaking of which, I was in the car with my dad, and I was talking about the nominations with him, and when I brought up Cold War as a three-nomination film, he told me he "wanted to see that". That's huge. I don't know where he got the knowledge of the film, but that's extraordinary to think that he would want to see Cold War. I'm excited for when it comes out on Amazon, and I'm sure a lot of curious people will end up watching it, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Slambros said:

 

Speaking of which, I was in the car with my dad, and I was talking about the nominations with him, and when I brought up Cold War as a three-nomination film, he told me he "wanted to see that". That's huge. I don't know where he got the knowledge of the film, but that's extraordinary to think that he would want to see Cold War. I'm excited for when it comes out on Amazon, and I'm sure a lot of curious people will end up watching it, too.

Two of my friends who have Netflix access immediately go for Roma after the nomination, only to be bored to hell......🙄🙄(But both of them agreed that cinematography is perfect and 2nd half of the movie was memorable. )

 

I suspect Cold war could have the same response from general audience, both film are way too artsy and stylish which director branch love 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.ASIB

2.Blackkklansman

3.Black Panther

4.Roma

5.Bohemian Rhapsody

 

The Favorite opens here in a couple of weeks to get maximum oscar buzz, and I prob won't watch the other 2 until after the ceremony but it already feels like the weakest lineup since 2011.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. The Favourite

2. BlacKkKlansman

3. Black Panther

4. Roma

5. A Star Is Born

6. Green Book

 

The Favourite is the only one even close to my own top 10 of the year. Vice isn't coming out here until Feb 21 but even if I see it I doubt I'll be a fan. No desire to see Rhapsody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.