SLAM!

Unplanned | March 29th, 2019 | Pure Flix | a film about Abby Johnson and her experiences in Planned Parenthood | trailer on pg. 2

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Me walking into this place, knowing damn well what you were gonna say

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Believe me, the feeling is mutual. You lefties are all the same. The double standard is disgusting.

46046425945_d2908af5b4_b.jpg&key=fd57d26

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

LOL, I love all the panties this movie is going to twist among the edgy, hip lefties.

I'm pro choice, by the way. I'm just licking my chops at the double standards. If a pro-trans movie were to come out and I said "Fuck this trash movie" do you think that would go over well?

I mean, does a pro LIFE movie really justify the reactions from you folks?

It isn't that the movie is pro-life, it's how the movie is portraying organizations like planned parenthood. Not as (real people mind you) who are doing what they believe is right in giving a woman the right to choose whether to continue with a pregnancy, and simply as people with differing opinions, but as some villainized evil corporate... thing.

Take your profile pic. Thanos is a great villain, not because Disney said he was right in what he was doing, but they have him layers beyond just being a maniac. Sure, he was a genocidal maniac but it explored his beliefs and values. It didn't say they were right, but it gave it respect. I'm not saying a movie from PureFlix should go around saying pro-choice people are correct in their beliefs, but at least they should honour the values of these (real life) people while presenting their own argument.

I don't think it is quite the double standard you might think. If a movie came out that was pro-trans (say something like the Danish Girl) and someone were to bash it because it was pro trans, yea that would be inconsiderate. But if the movie portrayed all non-trans people as evil and vile without anything good about them BECAUSE they are not trans, then I would have no problem saying the movie is wrong, and I'm sure most people on this site have a good enough head on their shoulders to recognize that as well. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

It isn't that the movie is pro-life, it's how the movie is portraying organizations like planned parenthood. Not as (real people mind you) who are doing what they believe is right in giving a woman the right to choose whether to continue with a pregnancy, and simply as people with differing opinions, but as some villainized evil corporate... thing.

Take your profile pic. Thanos is a great villain, not because Disney said he was right in what he was doing, but they have him layers beyond just being a maniac. Sure, he was a genocidal maniac but it explored his beliefs and values. It didn't say they were right, but it gave it respect. I'm not saying a movie from PureFlix should go around saying pro-choice people are correct in their beliefs, but at least they should honour the values of these (real life) people while presenting their own argument.

I don't think it is quite the double standard you might think. If a movie came out that was pro-trans (say something like the Danish Girl) and someone were to bash it because it was pro trans, yea that would be inconsiderate. But if the movie portrayed all non-trans people as evil and vile without anything good about them BECAUSE they are not trans, then I would have no problem saying the movie is wrong, and I'm sure most people on this site have a good enough head on their shoulders to recognize that as well. 

See this is totally fair. I guess I just didn't get that vibe from the trailer (although I only saw it once, when it first came out). I'll give it another watch.

As I said before too, I'm personally pro choice.

I have a friend who is "pro-life" but not in the way people think of pro-lifers. Her thoughts are more "yea, if I get pregnant, as long as I am physically capable of having the baby, I would go through with the pregnancy and I do not believe in killing my own child" that being said she also says that "but that's also my choice to go through with the pregnancy and I wouldn't like it if someone took my right away to have my baby, so there shouldn't be any reason why other women can't have the freedom to choose for themselves"

The problem with movies like this is that they ignore a lot of the grey area, and place people either on a "good" or "bad" side. Doesn't matter if the movie was made by pro-lifers or pro-choicers; either side has the responsibility to treat the subject mater respectfully and professionally. 

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Thanos is a great villain, not because Disney said he was right in what he was doing, but they have him layers beyond just being a maniac. Sure, he was a genocidal maniac but it explored his beliefs and values. It didn't say they were right, but it gave it respect.

Look, I know this is a serious conversation but do you guys think Thanos ever pressured a lover to abort?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I have a friend who is "pro-life" but not in the way people think of pro-lifers. Her thoughts are more "yea, if I get pregnant, as long as I am physically capable of having the baby, I would go through with the pregnancy and I do not believe in killing my own child" that being said she also says that "but that's also my choice to go through with the pregnancy and I wouldn't like it if someone took my right away to have my baby, so there shouldn't be any reason why other women can't have the freedom to choose for themselves"

The problem with movies like this is that they ignore a lot of the grey area, and place people either on a "good" or "bad" side. Doesn't matter if the movie was made by pro-lifers or pro-choicers; either side has the responsibility to treat the subject mater respectfully and professionally. 

Much respect @DAJK. You know how to make me review my outbursts and look at the bigger picture. Sometimes I'm no better than those I criticize. 

Just watched the trailer and I can see what you mean, especially the last comment at the end by that lady, talking about pissing off one of the most powerful organizations in America or whatever.

I agree with your friend 100%. I'm pro choice but I also don't think abortion should be taken lightly. If you're capable and have the means, you should take responsibility and have that baby.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, JB33 said:

LOL, I love all the panties this movie is going to twist among the edgy, hip lefties.

I'm pro choice, by the way. I'm just licking my chops at the double standards. If a pro-trans movie were to come out and I said "Fuck this trash movie" do you think that would go over well?

44 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Believe me, the feeling is mutual. You lefties are all the same. The double standard is disgusting.

You seem like someone who would watch The Hate U Give and come away finding the unconsciously blatantly racist white girl was the most sympathetic character in the movie just for speaking her mind because of double standards among the liberals or some shit.

• Like 2

Lol another Pure Flix propaganda film. So i guess instead of Raging Saturday Morning Cartoon villain Atheists we get cackling saturday morning cartoon villains in the form of Planned Parenthood.

the only one watching this is those who want to mock it and those who believe in the Christian persecution complex nonsense Pure Flix panders to.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

5 hours ago, JB33 said:

I'm just licking my chops at the double standards. If a pro-trans movie were to come out and I said "Fuck this trash movie" do you think that would go over well?

It's almost as if transphobic is different from non-transphobic

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JB33 said:

Missed the bit Jake Gittes quoted at first and I just need to address it. Uuuuuuuh the thing is being trans isn't a choice or lifestyle and hating trans people is just...hating someone for being alive and doing something that has no bearing on you. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

It's almost as if transphobic is different from non-transphobic

He does this a lot. I'm still waiting for his defense that racism is not ok but transphobia is when there is no difference between the two (hate all the same). 

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

I am pro life (however I am not anti-choice but the US laws and consistency are an embarrassment to other countries). I find it interesting that a massive portion of anti PP folks (I'm not a fan) are hardcore NRA fans (own a gun, not a fan of NRA)

Seems pretty damn hypocritical imo.

• Like 3

OOF, Just saw the movie guys. Wow, mind blowing stuff. I can’t believe it changed my views. I’m now conservative and pro life.

i was just a lib a minute ago. Crazy.

Edited by YLF