Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread (1/25-1/27): Weekend Estimates: Glass 19M l Upside 12.2M l Aquaman 7.3M l Kid WWB King 7.2M l Spider-Verse: 5.5M l Green Book 5.2M l Serenity 4.8M

https://variety.com/2019/film/box-office/glass-second-weekend-box-office-1203118293/

The second weekend of M. Night Shyamalan’s “Glass” will handily repeat as the winner of a mild North American weekend box office with about $16 million at 3,844 sites, early estimates showed Friday.

The third weekend of the Kevin Hart-Bryan Cranston dramedy “The Upside” is projected to lead the rest of the pack with about $10 million, followed by the opening of Fox’s fantasy-comedy “The Kid Who Would Be King” in the $8 million to $9 million range at 3,521 locations.

Warner Bros.’ sixth weekend of its blockbuster “Aquaman” will follow in fourth with $6 million to $7 million, pushing its North American total to $315 million at the end of the weekend.

Aviron’s launch of Matthew McConaughey-Anne Hathaway noir mystery “Serenity” is opening with a modest $5 million to $6 million at 2,561 venues. The film will be battling for fifth place with Universal’s expanded run of “Green Book” at 2,489 sites following the comedy-drama scoring a best picture win from the Producers Guild of America, plus five Oscar nominations.

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glass under $100 million happening. 

New releases looked foul anyway... one was delayed from October 2018 to die anyway like it was going to anyway. Kid Who Would Be King it didn’t look good judging from tv spots.

Upside and Aquaman are the lights of this month and Escape Room as well. Glass is sucessful but was way over-predicted. Dogs Way Home should make some money back. But this January has been pretty mediocre hopefully this isn’t a bad sign for the rest of the year. 

1 minute ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Glass under $100 million happening. 

New releases looked foul anyway... one was delayed from October 2018 to die anyway like it was going to anyway. Kid Who Would Be King it didn’t look good judging from tv spots.

Upside and Aquaman are the lights of this month and Escape Room as well. Glass is sucessful but was way over-predicted. Dogs Way Home should make some money back. But this January has been pretty mediocre hopefully this isn’t a bad sign for the rest of the year. 

I mean I haven't seen KWWBK yet and I agree the marketing was unappealing but going by the majority of reviews on RT it's actually pretty good surprisingly. I just think they marketed it in an incredibly unappealing generic 2000s Harry Potter rip-off ala Eragon way.

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Oh yeah, runtimes w/out credits and attachments for next week's release (nobody cares, but might as well add something):

Miss Bala: 1:39. Attachments unknown (Once Upon a Time and The Intruder I guess?)

Miss Bala can FUCK RIGHT OFF. Got the trailer again at Glass last night and am so done with it.

(still may see it in dolby for the lolz)

Kid Who Would Be King's trailers made the movie look dire and obnoxious. I got the preview at Mary Poppins Returns, and even the kids didn't seem all that impressed by it.

If it weren't for the good reviews, I would have skipped seeing it in the theater.

• Like 1

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Kid Who Would Be King's trailers made the movie look dire and obnoxious. I got the preview at Mary Poppins Returns, and even the kids didn't seem all that impressed by it.

If it weren't for the good reviews, I would have skipped seeing it in the theater.

Agreed. I got the trailer a lot and it's just not a good trailer, if not for the reviews I'd definitely be skipping it altogether. 

2 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-jordan-peeles-us/

Us: 35-55M range. 42/135

Miss Bala: 7.5/21 (-17%)

Cold Pursuit: 12 (-8%) /37.5 (-6%)

Lego Movie 2: 55/186.5 (-7%)

Isn't It Romantic: 15 (+7%) /57 (+6%)

Captain Marvel: 160 (no change)/440 (-5%)

Cross post from the Buzz & Tracking Thread.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

I last got The Kid trailer at The Favourite lol. I think the second trailer is better than the first, but it still doesn't look that good. I'll see it within a week or two tho.

I got it with The Favourite of all movies, too. Did Fox really have nothing else to attach?