Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread (1/25-1/27): Weekend Estimates: Glass 19M l Upside 12.2M l Aquaman 7.3M l Kid WWB King 7.2M l Spider-Verse: 5.5M l Green Book 5.2M l Serenity 4.8M

AQUAMAN WW-China crosses 800. Is at 1091-290.6 = 800.4 according to the estimates.

18.5 more Dom after 7.35 weekend for 335 total and 15 more OS-China after ~7.5 weekend (cause is 7.8 including China) gives,

800.4 + 18.5 + 15 = 834 WW-China with Japan to come.

So 850+ WW-China is on cards.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

BR is gonna make 850m+ WW sans China and a great but not that big US number ?

Insane.

Well it is about one of best bands and arguably the best singer in history. I am bit surprised as well but not shocked.

• Disbelief 1

15 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Well it is about one of best bands and arguably the best singer in history. I am bit surprised as well but not shocked.

How much did it depend on Rami Malek's performance too? I feel like the movie would have done a lot worse if the person who portrayed Mercury did was worse.

Also, the movie released in Russia? I thought Russia hated gay people.

9 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

How much did it depend on Rami Malek's performance too? I feel like the movie would have done a lot worse if the person who portrayed Mercury did was worse.

Also, the movie released in Russia? I thought Russia hated gay people.

the movie not really focus about gay sex tho...but if we talk about "ROCKET MAN" will be another story...lol

26 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Beauty and the Beast had no gay sex either but it got an adults rating in Russia. I guess the same thing happened with Bohemian Rhapsody. 

Beauty got 16+, BR 18+. Movies with LGBT subject matter tend to pass through without controversy as long as they aren't HARMING OUR CHILDREN OHMYGOD. Then again knowing there will probably be controversy almost certainly discourages distributors from putting some movies out, i.e. Love Simon and Call Me by Your Name were sorta just quietly never released. On the other hand Moonlight and Imitation Game had no problems. The Danish Girl neither. Movies about lesbians never have problems, that double standard where two ladies = hot but two guys = ewww is extremely present here. Country lives in fear of closeness of dicks.

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Disbelief 1

I spoke too soon, as usual. Glass did better than I thought it would after that friday number. It's good for my derby because I predicted 18.5mil. The Upside is doing great. It looks like a cute movie. 

The openers were garbage. No matter how Fox marketed I just don't think that King would gave been some mega hit. Joe Cornish needs to do a comic book movie or a big film that's more marketable soon. 

Aquaman and Spidey have great drops. And Aquaman has done around 800mil without China so all of those lying haters can suck it after saying that it only did well in China. Just accept that less people than you thought gave a crap about Rehash Poppins. People in the UK and North America cared at least. We'll see where it ends up in Japan. The Mule hit 100mil. WB had a good December.

Anyway that is my jumbled roundup. 

23 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I spoke too soon, as usual. Glass did better than I thought it would after that friday number. It's good for my derby because I predicted 18.5mil. The Upside is doing great. It looks like a cute movie. 

The openers were garbage. No matter how Fox marketed I just don't think that King would gave been some mega hit. Joe Cornish needs to do a comic book movie or a big film that's more marketable soon. 

Aquaman and Spidey have great drops. And Aquaman has done around 800mil without China so all of those lying haters can suck it after saying that it only did well in China. Just accept that less people than you thought gave a crap about Rehash Poppins. People in the UK and North America cared at least. We'll see where it ends up in Japan. The Mule hit 100mil. WB had a good December.

Anyway that is my jumbled roundup. 

:Venom: just like with Alita