Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

Things are getting better internationally, the Chinese B.O is on fire right now, Tenet should’ve been released in cinemas OS early and then, three months later, via VOD domestically.

Edited by Litio
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

- awful sound mixing which makes some of the dialogue hard to follow.

Fuck, I thought it was just a problem with the speakers. I swear every Nolan film has had this problem. 

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Fuck, I thought it was just a problem with the speakers. I swear every Nolan film has had this problem. 

Same here. Scenes with heavy dialogue were regularly in noisy environments. 

8 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I found this to be a huge problem with the IMAX preview so if it affects the movie as well that's a bit concerning.

Nolan is if nothing else, very hard-headed when it comes to certain things, and sound mix is one of them.

Inception sound mix would be a welcome respite honestly compared to some of his later stuff, because that one it was only Ken Watanabe's lines about the damn carpet where I was like "huh." Everything after that was pretty manageable. Doesn't help that the bass thumping in the scores have also gotten louder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I feel like I'm the only who doesn't really care about the sound mixing. I really only ever found it to be a problem with Interstellar.

Well, as mentioned by Coolio, it didn't really matter in Dunkirk, but there were certainly lines I couldn't make out the first time or two. Usually Tom Hardy or Mark Rylance.

But given how Tenet seems to be very exposition heavy, that's gonna be a problem given how many people seem to be walking away kind of confused.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Well, as mentioned by Coolio, it didn't really matter in Dunkirk, but there were certainly lines I couldn't make out the first time or two. Usually Tom Hardy or Mark Rylance.

But given how Tenet seems to be very exposition heavy, that's gonna be a problem given how many people seem to be walking away kind of confused.

Seems like home video with subtitles might be a better way to watch this movie, which is hilarious for a director who wants people to watch his movies on huge screens. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, MrPink said:

The first hour has multiple insanely bad sound mixing instances over heavy exposition dumps that just make it impossible to hear, but after that 1st hour I didn’t notice it and could understand everything else. It definitely takes you out of the movie to start a little though which is a problem. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Seems like home video with subtitles might be a better way to watch this movie, which is hilarious for a director who wants people to watch his movies on huge screens. 

Taking two risks if I go see this in theater:

Finding a theater that fucked up the sound mix specifications so it might be intelligible

and oh yeah, getting the rona.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Taking two risks if I go see this in theater:

Finding a theater that fucked up the sound mix specifications so it might be intelligible

and oh yeah, getting the rona.

Yeah, not worth it. The only great IMAX theater in my state with properly calibrated sound is shutdown. Helps make the decision to stay home a very easy one!

11 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Yeah, not worth it. The only great IMAX theater in my state with properly calibrated sound is shutdown. Helps make the decision to stay home a very easy one!

Mine is also not showing signs of opening soon, although the museum itself is open. Not sure what I'll do.

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I would say to stay away from LieMAX. Probably better off with a Dolby Atmos auditorium. Or just wait for home video. 

There's an IMAX Laser auditorium which is pretty comparable to Dolby Cinema. 

But ideally I'd find a mostly empty showing if I did decide to go.

• Like 1