Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

Just now, Maggie said:

People are complaining the movie is too complicated and they didn't get it. Maybe this will help repeat viewings.

Part of why INCEPTION was so popular is because while challenging, it was still simple enough for your average person to understand and everyone left the theater with a miss of a high from the "Ah-hah!" moments at the end as well as the "OMG!" when the dreidel wobbles and then it cuts to credits.

If this is just straight up too confusing, that is not good.

• Like 1

I'm reading some reviews on letterboxd and this one is killing me

Inception was the family friendly, popcorn muncher of a summer blockbuster with just enough twists and turns to make your average movie goer think they were smart. In every respect, Tenet is its very much distant cousin. You know. That weird, kinda fucked-in-the-head cousin that seeks to ensure everyone is reminded constantly how dumb they are, but feathers most of their arguments with the baseline of 'because I say so'.

Tenet is like when you're in an exam, and you find yourself having extra time. So naturally, being the anxiety ridden piece of shit you are, you over-analyse your answers and end up screwing up worse than if you'd just left them alone. Or perhaps like the renowned chef who, concerned of another food poisoning scandal after that unfortunate incident with the chicken and the E.Coli last week, leaves his delicious medium rare steak on the grill until its a charred piece of shit.

https://letterboxd.com/the_yangzone/film/tenet/

22 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

The last Nolan's film that I truly enjoyed was Inception, every subsequent films was a downhill from there, except maybe Dunkirk , where he managed to down tone his self-absorbed and trying too hard to act cool direction,

Lol, what does this even mean? Nolan’s direction is economic in most of his movies, often to a fault. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 7:47 PM, CJohn said:

No movie is even getting close to 500M WW lmao. The 1B movie is dead.

The is a movie doing over $100M quite fast in China right now that seem to be able to reach 300-350M in a single market, that alone should make possible for a movie to get close to 500M WW (if South Korea and other major market like that fully come back online), maybe 500M in China will be possible again before the end of the year in China.

• Like 2

Just now, zlazer said:

its out in worldwide markets

Hence why I said "had only been press screenings", it has been sitting at an 8.5 before it was out in any worldwide markets. Even today, worldwide markets are very scarce.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Hence why I said "had only been press screenings", it has been sitting at an 8.5 before it was out in any worldwide markets. Even today, worldwide markets are very scarce.

It was 8.3 before. And these days I think it’s a two-way street. There are some folks giving out 1’s before they see a film. 

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It was 8.3 before. And these days I think it’s a two-way street. There are some folks giving out 1’s before they see a film. 

It means nothing right now no matter how high or low it is.

I generally find IMDb ratings pretty good. (excluding those for fanboy directors like Nolan, Tarantino). Letterboxd suffers from fanboyism too, especially towards indie directors and "cool" new actors...like Chalamet and RPatz. The fawning is sometimes puke worthy

5 hours ago, antovolk said:

Bad news for NY/CA etc folks hoping for drive-ins to get it with indoor venues still closed

Presumably it’s because when they open it in places like CA/NY they will want to make a big splash about it. Opening it exclusively in drive in theatres first would definitely mute the wider opening if people had been able to see it at a drive in for weeks already.

• Like 1