Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

I’m only  seen it once, but I can’t say  I feel much need to rewatch. I understood it just fine, but don’t really care for the plot or like any of the characters.    

But I hate the Prestige and didn’t like Interstellar. Something about Nolan’s style that doesn’t really click for me I guess.

I just finished watching the BTS stuff and I have nothing but profound appreciation for the whole team making this movie possible. Every one, from stunt coordinating the insane choreography during the battle/fight scenes, the camera crew doing things with the IMAX heavyweights that’s never been done before, set building department to even the ones making sure all safety measurements are being kept. They all did a tremendous job!

• Like 6

oh man, my local cinema trolling me so hard. Of course they show this in cinemas after I already saw it at home (I'd love to watch it in cinemas rn but i'm still staying with parents atm and they aren't willing to pay to watch a movie in cinemas that I already have seen at home). I'm hoping the imax 70mm cinema near my uni shows this when I move there once this is all over.

Edited by lorddemaxus

I was disappointed with the special features on the bluray. Considering how much stuff you can fit on a disc, having just a one hour and a bit BTS feature is a bit cheap. Theres not even an audio commentary.

The film is still great though.

Edited by lab276

I’ve now seen Tenet 3x. Twice with subtitles. It does get better with repeat viewings but still too much of a mental tongue twister. Definitely a tour de force story-wise by Nolan but meh as a film because some critical parts are difficult for me to follow (mainly the highway chase). 

17 hours ago, lilmac said:

I’ve now seen Tenet 3x. Twice with subtitles. It does get better with repeat viewings but still too much of a mental tongue twister. Definitely a tour de force story-wise by Nolan but meh as a film because some critical parts are difficult for me to follow (mainly the highway chase). 

They try to suggest multiple time travel concepts in the film (time loops, multiple realities, etc.).

38 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

There's no denying the stuntwork is absolutely bonkers here.

I feel compelled to make some diagrams about what happened, though. 😆

There's been tons made already, I'm sure you can find one and save yourself the trouble. 😁

I know I’m extremely late to the party, but after holding off on it, I finally got around to watching this movie. All in all, I guess I’d say I like it. I didn’t have a bad time watching it by any means, and the set pieces are nice. Still, I can understand why this is perhaps Nolan’s most divisive movie to date. It leans on the confusing side of things, and the typical “Nolanisms” are in full force here. Weirdly though, I didn’t have a problem with the sound. I never felt like the music drowned out the dialogue to the point where it was impossible to hear. 

Anyway, I think Nolan should go with something smaller and less grandiose next time. 

• Like 1

For me, the time travel mechanics are arguably similar to the first Terminator movie in the sense of past and future events being co-dependent on each other. So in that regard, I accept it.

The biggest issue for me is the Protagonist: He’s a blank slate of a character who only exists to serve the plot and that gives us no reason to care. He’s given no motivation whatsoever. Was that Nolan’s point, considering he’s only referred to as the Protagonist?

1 hour ago, Borobudur said:

I wonder how much this new release can help Tent to pass 60m. The condition in new york is still not very good. In fact it is so much worse than last summer when tenet first debut but they refused to open any cinema

It won't help much at all tbh. Movie is really old news at this point. Most it'll add is around $100K, most likely much less.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

It won't help much at all tbh. Movie is really old news at this point. Most it'll add is around $100K, most likely much less.

But it is still the sole live action big budget film, can be a good counterprogramme since most of the performing films are family friendly films

7 hours ago, Borobudur said:

But it is still the sole live action big budget film, can be a good counterprogramme since most of the performing films are family friendly films

Looking around NYC most theaters will be playing it only once or twice a day. Expected when it's been available to watch at home for months now.