Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

I understand the strong narrative Tenet would have if it was the movie to revive the movie-going experience but that's very unlikely to happen on a large scale.

if studios want people to actually come in droves to the theaters in July they should put Black Widow or WW84 there. but it's too much of a risk because those movies are projected to be more profitable than Tenet (hell it's a huge risk for Tenet as well)

12 hours ago, CloneWars said:

I predict that if this really opens in July (which I'm 50/50 on happening) that this will win BP at the Oscars. I am dead serious about this.

1) The Academy will want to award a fun film after such a distressing period in history. No Oscar baity film will win this year. This is the kind of year where if something like Avatar were released, it would win handily

2) Nolan is long overdue

3) TDK got the rules to the Academy changed

4) TDK is ranked number 4 on imdb

5) If it is true Tenet is of similar quality as Inception then that means Tenet is really good

6) Most important: Nolan will rightfully take credit for bringing back movie going during the pandemic and WB can push that fact during awards season--here, reward this long overdue director who brought back cinema and money in your pocketbooks. No way would they vote against Nolan.

Have you just not paid attention to how Nolan's films have done at the Oscars for the last decade and change?

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

For your consideration. 

From visionary filmmaker Christopher Nolan

The groundbreaking film that crushed the curve. 

Tenet

The trailers have been a clue this whole time

"Time has come for a new protagonist" - A NEW VACCINE

"From what I understand we're preventing World War 3. Nuclear Holocaust? Something worse." - AKA COVID-19

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

For your consideration. 

From visionary filmmaker Christopher Nolan

The groundbreaking film that crushed the curve. 

Tenet

I don't think it'd actually somehow reduce the curve rather than just being a symptom of the curve being reduced

how would Tenet coming out in July and reviving Cinema be "reducing the curve", if Tenet actually succeeds and gets millions of people across the world back into theaters in 2 months, wouldn't this contribute to a surge of infected cases and prolong the time it needs to flatten the curve instead of reducing it?

Edited by RealLyre
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It's not a joke. I believe that Nolan will cure Covid-19 and that he should be the president of the world

I'm sorry, but Cameron is already King of the WorldTM so, if we go for a constitutional monarchy system, Nolan can perhaps be Prime Minister of the World...

• Thanks 1

I actually hear some airlines have signed a contract with WB to release TENET on their in-flight entertainment system same-day as cinemas, thus driving demand for air travel back up.

Nolan saving numerous industries, not just cinemas.

35 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I'm sorry, but Cameron is already King of the WorldTM so, if we go for a constitutional monarchy system, Nolan can perhaps be Prime Minister of the World...

Good point, Cameron will find a vaccine - to heal the world but also to make sure A2 breaks the 5 billie barrier.

1 minute ago, RealLyre said:

WB real marketing usually ramps up in the last month or so before release

And how many times has that actually worked out for them? Joker's the only one that comes to mind.