Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

1 minute ago, stephanos13 said:

I honestly can"t believe they are premiering the trailer on Fortnite. This is so funny.

Please someone explain me what am I missing from this strategy from WB's marketing team.

not sure about the demographic but it gives them the widest exposure rn

7 minutes ago, meridan said:

I'll never understand WB's obsession with not wanting to move TENET & WW84 from summer 2020. Taking a gamble on two of your biggest movies just doesn't seem like a smart decision. Just move TENET to July 16, 2021 and WW84 to June 4, 2021 and be done with it. These two movies deserve the best opportunity to make the money we all think they can make.

It’s a combination of supporting theaters (they can’t air old movies forever), appealing to shareholders, and the inevitable second wave. That’s why, AQP and Conjuring aside, September and October are barren, with only smaller movies or movies studios don’t care about (I.e. The King’s Man). Stuff like AQP, Mulan and Bond all got dinged by their delays, even if they all wind up as hits, because of their delays. If theaters need to close up shop again, at least it’s movies no one cares about that will suffer

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Yeah they're scrubbing the date to give themselves leeway if they have to delay it. They probably have till mid June to make a final decision or something.

I think they scrubbed it because they are probably gonna reveal it in the trailer. Maybe Nolan does a JJ and announces it with a Nolan fortnite Avatar.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I think they scrubbed it because they are probably gonna reveal it in the trailer. Maybe Nolan does a JJ and announces it with a Nolan fortnite Avatar.

But why wouldn't they just wait for the trailer reveal and then change the date? Scrubbing it for a few hours doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

11 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Warner Bros. removing the release date is their first acquiesce to the possibility that all near-future/2020 release dates are fluid.  There will not be a date on the trailer. 

There wasn’t on the teaser tv spots so yeah of course there won’t be here.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

I wrote in another forum that Nolan may have let WB put the trailer in Fortnite since theaters are closed so Fortnite is the next closest thing to a big screen. I'm basically in his mind!

Edited by stealthyfrog

52 minutes ago, meridan said:

I'll never understand WB's obsession with not wanting to move TENET & WW84 from summer 2020. Taking a gamble on two of your biggest movies just doesn't seem like a smart decision. Just move TENET to July 16, 2021 and WW84 to June 4, 2021 and be done with it. These two movies deserve the best opportunity to make the money we all think they can make.

They will. With every movie production on hold, there is zero reason to rush Tenet to theaters before it is safe (in many respects) to do so.

• Like 1