Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

13 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i feel like even if there weren't a pandemic on this would be the lowest grossing Nolan in a while. there's some x factor missing from the trailers here.

I love Nolan, but this definitely looks like his weakest entry yet. I really don't care about it and i was always pumped for his movies.

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

nolan must be a Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit fan. asked him to bring the character back for this.

Exactly what I thought, literally the same character, evil russian billioner, there's even a very similar scene where Branagh kidnapped lead character's girlfriend and lead characters chase after them.

Edited by Firepower

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

I have no idea what this is really about and it's kind of irritating. 

They're trying to be mysterious but it's backfiring here big time...more info is needed to draw interest. 

22 minutes ago, excel1 said:

This will do closer to TARANTINO numbers than SPIELBERG numbers if they keep up this vibe. 

You do realise that at this point, Spielberg numbers are pretty close to Tarantino numbers right?

Either way, thought this was a good trailer, maybe too long.

I think independently of COVID, I don't think Tenet would have grossed less than Dunkirk, WW.

Domestically, possibly, but it's really always depended on if the film turns out well. 

I'm underwhelmed. Played like a second teaser, instead of a real trailer. Even repeated many of the same lines and shots from the teaser. However, the trailer's biggest sin is that it failed to explain any of the film's characters. Inception was sold as a sci-fi action epic, but also sold on Leo's character. Here, I have no idea what the character motivations are. Nolan trailers are generally very good at honing in on the core emotional struggle. But not this trailer. Only bit of characterization that stuck out were Pattinson's mannerisms at the end.

• Like 4

Hearing these garbage takes that Nolan wants to release Tenet in July so that he can make a lot of money from his 20% gross participation deal. Ah yes, releasing the film in a spot where the movie would make less money is how Nolan's gonna make millions. Film twitter is the worst.

• Like 10