Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

41 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

If I was in USA and 29.99 was what I earn in 2 hours, I will without any issue.

India that will be like paying $1 at similar pay and I will do it now if they release it.

Yeah I think 19.99 that "Trolls" and "Scoob" charged is too low for "Tenet" (Plus the budget was huge).    24.99-29.99 is the range they should look at.  

24.99 (2 Day Rental)

29.99 (3 Day Rental)

Setting aside Nolan's love of theatrical - as has been mentioned in articles quoted right on this forum before, VOD is just FAR too small even from strictly a business sense for WB. Outside North America and a handful of Western European markets, it's basically non-existent everywhere else. And in those markets, it's still not big enough. Not to mention how swiftly piracy will completely kill a movie like this.

If it's between VOD and delaying a year, they're delaying.

• Like 8

Maybe this opens to $30M and legs it out Blind Side style to $200M+ if reviews/WOM support it. Who knows what box office is gonna look like in the COVID-19 era (now that the initial panic that caused everything to come crashing down in March has subsided).

• Like 2

I mean....this basically has 2 months to itself to market. They REALLY need better trailers that appeal to non-Nolanites if they want it to really blow up, but regardless, the timing of the release seems to be perfect. I see zero reason for WB to move this. If the governments say theaters can be open, it is absurd and ridiculous to try and shame guilt Nolan and co. into delaying it.

Unleash the GOAT review in late June and ride a fever pitch stating "Return to one our worlds favorite places (the cinema) with one of our worlds greatest films - TENANT"

MAKE WAY for KING NOLAN (and hopefully a new trailer editor)!

Edited by excel1

8 hours ago, excel1 said:

I mean....this basically has 2 months to itself to market. They REALLY need better trailers that appeal to non-Nolanites if they want it to really blow up, but regardless, the timing of the release seems to be perfect. I see zero reason for WB to move this. If the governments say theaters can be open, it is absurd and ridiculous to try and shame guilt Nolan and co. into delaying it.

Unleash the GOAT review in late June and ride a fever pitch stating "Return to one our worlds favorite places (the cinema) with one of our worlds greatest films - TENANT"

MAKE WAY for KING NOLAN (and hopefully a new trailer editor)!

To get reviews, they need to screen it for reviewers. That's hard to do if theaters are closed. 

2 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Are we gonna ignore Mulan ? Assuming the situation does indeed improve, I don’t Tenet will have all the spotlight honestly 

I sincerely doubt Mulan will be a hit in this climate, especially since families will be the least likely demograph to go back; and they’re the core audience for that film.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Someone on Blu-ray.com forums is claiming November and June dates are being considered...which makes sense after the thing with Godzilla possibly moving to May

VERY bad idea to put it right in between Black Widow and James Bond of all things 

Also by June you mean 2021?

Edited by JGAR4LIFE

21 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Someone on Blu-ray.com forums is claiming November and June dates are being considered...which makes sense after the thing with Godzilla possibly moving to May

Of course it will move. We are rapidly approaching June and theaters are still closed in the majority of the world

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

VERY bad idea to but it right in between Black Widow and James Bond of all things 

Also by June you mean 2021?

If Tenet moves then Mulan takes Black Widow's date