Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

At this point I would say 1% chance of this opening next month. I dont see early opening in some states are going well. May be Disney will stick to the date if AMC/Regal/Cinemark are ok to open. But Tenet has had limited promotions and should be moved to next summer. 

I've already seen a handful of spots on TV (simply saying "Coming to Theaters") so they're definitely planning for this to be among the first movies released when theaters reopen. If it moves it'll likely go to Wonder Woman's spot while that moves to either early October (maybe Venom 2's original spot on the 2nd) or the holidays.

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

At this point I would say 1% chance of this opening next month. I dont see early opening in some states are going well. May be Disney will stick to the date if AMC/Regal/Cinemark are ok to open. But Tenet has had limited promotions and should be moved to next summer. 

Does marketing they did for Mulan pre-pandemic really matter when they've done very little marketing in the past month? How many people even know it's changed release dates?

On 5/30/2020 at 11:37 PM, lorddemaxus said:

Looking at the other days WB announced COVID-19 schedule changes, it's likely that we get an official announcement on Monday or Tuesday. Considering that WW 1984 hasn't been removed from the Roadshow website, I assume WB still hasn't made a decision on that film yet (I really doubt that's gonna be the first post-reopening film they release).

Considering what's happening in America, announcement's probably been moved to next week. 

Edited by lorddemaxus

30 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Last time they said “we will get a final decision in a week” and that was like what, 2-3 weeks ago ?

Meh, never put too much stock in that. I've said repeatedly that 10-15 June is when we should have word, to give them a month of marketing if they stick. So I'm waiting patiently till then. Lol

58 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

70% chance this gets moved. US is a complete cluster fuck right now. Expect a rise in Covid as well.

Exactly. With lockdowns already being eased far too early in the US and mass protests in the streets all over the nation, the second wave will hit sooner rather than later. 

Based on the speed of reopening at the local level and the amount of people who I have seen out (in major metro area in Florida, a high case number state)....I'm not convinced this is moving. By mid-July we're well on pace to be fully reopened. 

My bigger concern is that due to the protests and the fight for justice, movies just don't fucking matter right now.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 5