Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

instead on July 17, Warner Bros. Pictures is partnering with exhibitors to invite audiences around the world for the 10thAnniversary re-release of Christopher Nolan’s Inception starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page and Marion Cotillard. That special anniversary theatrical event will also give audiences a never-before-seen look at footage from Tenet. Moviegoers will also receive an exclusive sneak peek of select films on Warner Bros.’ upcoming slate.

batman theaters-only teaser? :thinking:

Edited by RealLyre
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, antovolk said:

This is purely to accommodate NYC and any other major cities which might not be open in time for July 17.

All eyes on Mulan now 

Mulan ain't sticking. 

And WW84 is also bound to move. And where that lands will potentially impact other studios' releases as well. What a mess of a year. 

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

Mulan Oct 2 seems good. I'm surprised no big movie has jumped on October. i guess WB wants The Witches to do really well around Halloween and that's why they won't put anything else there?

I've been pushing that for a while, but I think the big issue for most studios is the inevitablity of a spike in cases or a second wave in the fall, which means they would have to close theaters down again, and move everything even further. It's much easier to do it on movies nobody cares about like Death of the Nile or The Witches than big tentpoles like Mulan and Bond and A Quiet Place.

Of course, I'm saying all this as cases are starting to increase in the US and I assume elsewhere, so who knows if we're even getting theaters back for the rest of the year?

2 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Mulan ain't sticking. 

And WW84 is also bound to move. And where that lands will potentially impact other studios' releases as well. What a mess of a year. 

Move Mulan to streaming. Worked wonders for Artemis Fowl.

• ...wtf 1

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Great news for Wonder Woman. 

Cinemas here in the UK open on July 4th

That’s still very much a “maybe” at the moment and far from confirmed, the R rate seems to be staying stubbornly in the 0.7-0.9 area according to the government, and some scientists are even saying it’s gone up to 1.0 again in the South, although that’s not stopping BoJo The Clown from reopening non-essential shops on Monday, so at this rate July 4th for cinemas probably will happen...unless of course the surge of idiots clamouring their way through Primark clothes without washing their hands accelerates the second wave...

2 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Mulan ain't sticking. 

Yup, 2 movies as well known as Mulan and WW84 will definitely cause slates to shuffle even more than they have, and there's no guarantee more movies won't escape to next year if scheduled releases don't perform up to expectations.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

Mulan moves to August 7th... Tenet pushed back to August 14th... Mulan moves to August 21st... Tenet pushed back to August 28th...

how much does WB/Disney want to inflate their marketing budget for Mulan and Tenet?

answer is : yes 

8 minutes ago, Maggie said:

That's what i'm thinking too. These moves are purely PR. Tenet will not open so soon when the whole world is on fire. Most countries will not have cinemas open by the end of July

Considering that a considerable amount of cinemas are already starting to open, I doubt that's true. They're clearly using Inception as a test here. If it works, Tenet's not moving.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The knock-on effect of this will be big. Mulan isn't going to try to be the re-opening movie as per Disney, WW84 also likely won't come just 2 weeks after Tenet. So now both those will move later causing other movies to do the same.

Totally agree. I think this starts a new domino effect with Mulan and WW84 pushing back their release dates and giving Tenet space to find another date to make a new change in release date. I don't think Tenet is coming out July 31.

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Considering that a considerable amount of cinemas are already starting to open, I doubt that's true. They're clearly using Inception as a test here. If it works, Tenet's not moving.

And Inception finally gets to a $300m domestic total?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Considering that a considerable amount of cinemas are already starting to open, I doubt that's true. They're clearly using Inception as a test here.

It’s not exactly a very good test, don’t get me wrong, I love Inception, but I’m not risking my health and the health of my family just to watch a film I can watch on Blu Ray in the safety of my own home. The real test is going to be a film that people are desperate to see and can’t see anywhere else, like Tenet itself or WW84. Inception is merely a peace offering to cinemas operators.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

2 weeks is not enough space to have time to decide and Inception is not a new movie.