Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

1 hour ago, The GOAT said:

How many of you are actually willing to go to a movie theatre one month from now? 

I’m in Canada (Ontario specifically), Originally I said I wouldn’t be going the rest of the year, so far we’ve done ok with cases but need to do a bit better. We are down in the range of 200 new cases a day here.

If things can get in order and cases are super low I’d consider going to see WW84 in October with a mask(no concessions obviously) for an off peak time show. But if we have a second wave like most people are expecting and things are bad like how it is in a lot of US states now I wouldn’t even consider it. Tenet release date is not even an option for me. 

Most probably I’ll just be waiting till next year, hopefully a vaccine or more treatments are available then. It’s not worth the risk imo. 

7 hours ago, The GOAT said:

How many of you are actually willing to go to a movie theatre one month from now? 

I'd go. If all the BLM protesters and rioters are fine, then I'll be fine going to a freaking movie, espeically with social distancing measures in place.

20 hours ago, The GOAT said:

Here in Ireland, we're currently at (as of this writing) 25,295 cases and 1,705 deaths. The only day we had where the death toll exceeded 100 people was 24 April (220 deaths), but since then we've had one days with no deaths reported, and the number of cases per day has also dropped steadily since then.

Cinemas will be reopening in Ireland from July 20, albeit under strict social distancing guidelines (originally it was supposed to be on August 10 as part of Phase 5 of the government's plan to reopen the country, but the government feels the lockdown and social distancing measures have been doing a much better job than expected, so scrapped Phase 5).

So, so long as the number of new cases continues to drop and social distancing measures are put into place and enforced, I'll consider going back to a cinema.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The GOAT said:

I live in Canada, BC specifically, which has done an exceptional job at flattening the curve, and most of our cases are in the Fraser Valley anyways, which isn't anywhere near where I live. My area (Vancouver Island) hasn't seen a single hospitalization/case in a while, so if that keeps up until end of July, I would have no problem going to the theatre. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Maggie said:

Something weird with The trailer. A few days ago, it had 6M views and now it suddenly jumped to 11M views. I think WB inflated the number of views

They are probably running the trailer as a digital ad. It is very common and most studios do it.

• Like 2

Apparently pushed to Aug 13 in Brazil, WW84's old slot. Wonder if that's got to do with cinemas not opening there in time for Jul 31 tho or if it's indicative of a further global delay

Edited by antovolk