Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

7 minutes ago, TerwillikerInst said:

It's so weird to me that this is the thing that's getting everyone pissed at Nolan during this release cycle.

At least with Dunkirk he used unpaid prison labour and erased the existence of the non-white soldiers from the film. I understood why people were mad about that. 

Wasn't he unaware of the prison labor? Also, how many non-white soldiers were in the British army in WWII? I’m just wondering. 

14 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Wasn't he unaware of the prison labor? Also, how many non-white soldiers were in the British army in WWII? I’m just wondering. 

Quite Possibly.  I was just commenting more on the absurdity of the chair scandal. 

There were quite a few non-white soldiers under British command at that point as many of Britain's colonies in Asia, the Middle East, Africa... "volunteered" members of their own armies to fight.

Not to mention the non-white UK citizens who were part of the British army as well. 

There were definitely non-white troops at Dunkirk and they were, by all accounts, often the first left  to die or be sent on dangerous missions and I think that's where a lot of the controversy lay. 

Edited by TerwillikerInst

10 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Define British.

If you mean it as just another term for units from the British Islands, very few.

If you mean the the entire forces Under British Command. a great many. The Indian Army..troops raised in India by the British Government was very large indeed.

Several Indian divisions served in the MIddle East, North Africa and Italy. None were involved in the Western European campaigns.

And 80% of the British Troops in the Burma Campaign were (for obvious reasons ) Indian.

Edited by dudalb
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, dudalb said:

Cameron has also been accused of nearly drowing some people during the making of the Abyss. I can dismiss one story as gossip, but with Cameron it's a constant stream of stories about his carelessness when it comes to basic safety.

He also bestowed upon Kate Winslet the nickname "Kate Weighs-a-Lot" during Titanic.

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol, WB isn't going to get people to come back to cinemas with posters that look like this. Why'd they make Washington look like he's in his late 40s?

CONFUSE MOVIEGOERS TO THINK IT'S DENZEL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 3

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol, WB isn't going to get people to come back to cinemas with posters that look like this. Why'd they make Washington look like he's in his late 40s?

Don't worry the August 28 poster will look much better.

• Haha 1

I'm not sure what it is but the posters are giving me TDK vibes. I think its the dark blue/grey city background with the sparks and flames behind the lead, but I am taking it as a good thing.

14 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Inception and Interstellar had awful posters too. Batman movies and Dunkirk are only Nolan films with good poster s

WTH is wrong with Interstellar‘s posters? But you are right with the other two, especially Dunkirk had really atmospheric posters.