Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

If someone can fill me in on the details as to why gyms are open but cinemas are not (in California), it'd be duly appreciated. I'm not being snide at people who wish to keep themselves healthy. It's a necessity at this point. However, I'm genuinely interested in the business logic and health risks involved. Does it have to do with the ventilation system of theaters?

I'm glad Nolan and WB are being stubborn about having a proper theatrical release. I hope they don't buckle under pressure.

Edited by ThePhasmid

12 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

If someone can fill me in on the details as to why gyms are open but cinemas are not (in California), it'd be duly appreciated. I'm not being snide at people who wish to keep themselves healthy. It's a necessity at this point. However, I'm genuinely interested in the logistics and health risks involved. Does it have to do with the ventilation system of theaters?

I'm glad Nolan and WB are being stubborn about having a proper theatrical release. I hope they don't buckle under pressure.

Are gyms open? Jeez, that's weird...even here in the UK there aren't plans to reopen them until like October.

But anyway you're using the argument NATO has in that NJ lawsuit and come on, going 'but look at this industry' when there's a pandemic still going on is dumb, sorry

3 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Are gyms open? Jeez, that's weird...even here in the UK there aren't plans to reopen them until like October.

But anyway you're using the argument NATO has in that NJ lawsuit and come on, going 'but look at this industry' when there's a pandemic still going on is dumb, sorry

It's incredibly weird. I imagine our governor looks at it from the perspective that people need to stay healthy, and staying outside in the heat might incur different health risks for those who can't stay outside for lengthy periods of time (mostly attributed to people with skin and heat stroke issues). Also, there's the issue of social distancing in some parks due to high traffic on small paths. I don't know. It just seems that gyms and theaters are comparable in terms of space management, and the amount of time people stay within the same vicinity.

9 minutes ago, antovolk said:

My mom works at a local gym, and they just reopened it on July 1. I'm not sure why, though it helps Pennsylvania's one of the few states to flatten their curves, but I ain't complaining for my Mom's sake, and from what I hear, things are doing alright when it comes to social distancing and limited capacity.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, antovolk said:

The UK gym I go to keeps sending out emails saying that they’re hoping to be open later this month. As soon as they reopen I’m cancelling my membership, an indoor gym is surely just a Petri dish for the virus what with all the heavy breathing and sweat. I hope you’re right and they can’t reopen until October.

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

Half of the counties in California have supposedly rolled back to phase one. LA county is considering going back to stay-at-home protocols based on this week's results. To put things into perspective, none of the movie theaters were open even in phase 3. Yeah, I don't see an August release in the cards.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TMP said:

I don't get why they don't just release it overseas first.

They want to concentrate the buzz...so keeping movie release date close to each other can save marketing cost since studio can capitalize hype around it 

• Sad 2

Just now, titanic2187 said:

They want to concentrate the buzz...so keeping movie release date close to each other can save marketing cost since studio can capitalize hype around it 

Release all movies theatrically overseas, PVOD domestically. Since cinemas won't be opening up stateside for a long time

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Release all movies theatrically overseas, PVOD domestically. Since cinemas won't be opening up stateside for a long time

As I said in the other thread, almost impossible to do a theatrical release in Latin America, South Asia, China, and MENA until late August/early September. These countries would probably account for a huge amount of Tenet's gross under a normal release and PVOD is rarely used in these countries.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

As I said in the other thread, almost impossible to do a theatrical release in Latin America, South Asia, China, and MENA until late August/early September. These countries would probably account for a huge amount of Tenet's gross under a normal release and PVOD is rarely used in these countries.

Okay. Then delay Tenet, and all other movies, to September and October. Problem solved.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TMP said:

Oh no, i just hope we don't need to come this stage, Movies are for the big silver screen.

please american out there, do your job so that we can knock this virus off