Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

43 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I dunno, I think this movie is more of a “WOM” type of film than one with massive anticipation. The Wonder Woman sequel fits better into that anticipation/hype category. 

I agree. Tenet is only anticipated like us die hards on this forum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Are cinemas open where you live yet? Cinemas are still closed where I live but I really hope they open by the end of August.

nah they're still closed, but my country has been mostly out of lockdown since early June and the pandemic has been under control since then with only 100-150 active cases and most of them are not local. I think cinemas stayed closed because they wasn't any new content. I think and hope that they'll open for Tenet at the end of next month. my government also confirmed that college & schools will be in-person for the next semester in September so we're probably not going to get another lockdown.

• Like 1

I really don't understand this "Tenet saving cinemas" thing. Let's assume Tenet releases,. However most other movies moved to next year. One single movie won't save cinemas. Why is Nolan sending Tenet to die while the other blockbusters rightfully moved to next year?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

nah they're still closed, but my country has been mostly out of lockdown since early June and the pandemic has been under control since then with only 100-150 active cases and most of them are not local. I think cinemas stayed closed because they wasn't any new content. I think and hope that they'll open for Tenet at the end of next month. my government also confirmed that college & schools will be in-person for the next semester in September so we're probably not going to get another lockdown.

Well, I just found out that my country seems is way behind compared to other Middle Eastern countries lol. The government just reimposed a lockdown for two weeks. Don't know what's gonna happen after that but I really hope Tenet gets delayed again or something.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Sad 1

I can appreciate what WB is trying to do with trying to help theatres ( if that’s what they’re really trying to do)but this isn’t going to end well if this opens in the US any time soon. It’s an absolute shit show there and it doesn’t look like there’s going to be any improvement in the near future either.

I would move Tenet, WW84 and Dune to next year, it’s not WB job to save movie theatres, especially since basically every other studio moved their movies. Let governments bail out movie theatres.

In the end I think they’ll still end up making more (even with the losses from delays) if they move the movies to next year. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JollyPro said:

I mean of course it’s going to flop, but who cares. The studios know this. NO MOVIE WILL BE PROFITABLE UNTIL SPRING 2021. The whole point now is to get SOME money rather than $0

i swear if any idiot tries to talk about TENET not breaking even will have to be officially labeled with (moron) next to all their posts for the foreseeable future.

I mean it could if you add in home video sales 

(Highly Unlikely I know but never say never)

If this actually happens I'm there for it. There is a drive-in 45 minutes away from me. If they play it, I'm gonna give my windshield a fresh clean and watch this Nolan epic from the comfort of my driver's seat. Apparently the theater has been doing no contact ticketing as well so I can just pay for it online and show them the receipt on my phone through the window.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Borobudur said:

The movie will be remembered as the most riskiest project ever....

It was already risky enough due to its budget and now all this external factor that beyond everyone control

Most Nolan films started with a budget of $200M and come under budget. Inception had a budget of $200M and cost $160. TDK was $200 and cost $185. Interstellars budget was $165, not sure if the planned cost was $200. Anyway, $200 is a typical budget of a Nolan type film. Not sure why people keep bringing it up. There have been plenty of cases of $200M budget films without the star power of Nolans name or franchise power. I mean, most of those flopped, but my point is $200M budgets aren't anything new.

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

I really wonder how all the doubters would react if Nolan succeeded here. Gimme all your excuses, I know nobody would just admit they were wrong.

Define 'doubter'. Do you think it's going to make as much money as it would have in normal times? What's the benchmark of this summer release being worth it?

Edited by Hatebox