Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Or they are hoping fans will cross borders - very easy for NYC, maybe not for LA:)...if I was the 1st NJ theater after the tunnel, I'd be on cloud 9 right now...

lol this is true. Some theaters are probably hoping they'll get traffic from all of this.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DAJK said:

How has it gone in Europe? In terms of, theatres regaining audiences' trust? How do you think Tenet would perform in various European countries compared to what it might have done in a pre-Rona world?

Well, here the top 10 tripled in tickets sold in a month, the problem is that it is still 80% below the same weekend last year, so as you can see, not great.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Well, here the top 10 tripled in tickets sold in a month, the problem is that it is still 80% below the same weekend last year, so as you can see, not great.

How is the content in Europe? I mean in Canada you could say the box office was significantly down because we had unhinged and spongebob playing in a handful of theatres, not exactly something major like Tenet, so I'm curious how much of the gap that would make up.

48 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

You're in for a treat. This is Nolan's magnum opus. I think perhaps his best film since The Prestige. IMO of course. 

btw it was a joy to watch a movie on a screen that's actually bigger than the one in my house even under current circumstances. 

Nolan coming for the Oscars (especially with what's looking to be a slim field this year).

4 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Seeing a film early isn't as straight forward as it used to be heh. So many sanitation checks and social distancing and only a select few people per screening room, and that's only if you're lucky and happen to be in the same city. Plus masks on the whole time. 

If only the general public could enjoy that same level of going above and beyond safety wise :(

glad you loved it though! Just under two weeks to go...here's hoping as @SnokesLegssays it either doesn't rain or they cancel the run entirely (someone on another forum is claiming WB/Nolan are fighting over driveins in the US - was told also that his previous films didn't screen at them)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

You're in for a treat. This is Nolan's magnum opus. I think perhaps his best film since The Prestige. IMO of course. 

btw it was a joy to watch a movie on a screen that's actually bigger than the one in my house even under current circumstances. 

Goddamn! 

That's the kind of reactions WB and cinemas need. Firstly, the movie itself being great and secondly, the big screen experience. 

So excited now. I do hope it's great and it does become a huge crowd-pleaser, with a loooooong run.