Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

4 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I agree to a certain extent but I also wouldn't blame the average moviegoer if they didn't want to spend another $15+ to watch it again in cinemas just because a film requires more than one watch to understand it. 

Yeah. I think legs will be pretty short on this one. I don’t see a lot folks wanting to go to movie theaters multiple times during a pandemic. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

On 9/1/2020 at 10:47 AM, reddevil19 said:

That's by far his biggest strength here. He's far more comfortable with it than ever before. And it really is the strongest part of the movie... 

Sorry, but no. The action sequence in the end is one of the worst supposedly climatic action sequences I have seen recently. It has horrible editing and zero gravitas. The viewer is most of the time lost in the noise seeing people running and shooting everywhere to unseen objectives.

Same with the second part of the cars' chase. And also with the opening sequence, were is hard to clarify who is who.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 2

1 hour ago, stripe said:

Sorry, but no. The action sequence in the end is one of the worst supposedly climatic action sequences I have seen recently. It has horrible editing and zero gravitas. The viewer is most of the time lost in the noise seeing people running and shooting everywhere to unseen objectives.

Same with the second part of the cars' chase. And also with the opening sequence, were is hard to clarify who is who.

I have issues with the last action sequences (zero tension) and opera house( confusing) but still the technical aspects are handled pretty well .

The rest are really good action set pieces way better than the rest of his action sequences with exception of the revolving hallway fight in inception which is still his best action sequence to date.

But I do agree they would have been way more better if we cared enough for the characters though.

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

this sounds a massively flawed movie that people are trying to convince themselves is really good. Too bad. Oh well a weaker Nolan movie is still better than most movies that come out 

Guess I keep pretending that I‘m loving this movie to my friends this Friday and next Monday then.

35 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

We’ll know if WB are happy with Tenet’s US opening numbers or not. 

If they aren’t happy: next week they’ll move Wonder Woman and Dune. 

If they are pleased: they’ll leave them where they are. 

There’s already rumours circulating that they’re about to announce WW84 is moving to Christmas and Dune to 2021.

At this stage, even if Tenet opens well in the US, I think they’d still be better off doing that rather than opening WW84 in just over a months time. If they want Tenet to have decent legs, WB won’t want to essentially be competing with themselves with WW84 taking the majority of Tenet’s screens in 4 weeks time. Plus, California and NY might not even open until mid-September at the earliest, so what would ordinarily be the biggest US markets would only get 2-3 weeks of play before WW84. Regardless of the virus situation, they’d be fools not to delay WW84.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Happy or not, WW84 depends way more of US, so i think it will be delayed anyway.

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

That's true. But even with the virus, a franchise movie with a ton of hype would still open a lot bigger than what we're seeing with Tenet. 

Tenet isn't a franchise movie. The only nolan movies to open big where his batman movies(franchise)

None of Nolan's original movies have opened big and tend to be leggy.

Even without the pandemic   This would have opened to 70 atmost.

46 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

This was always most likely moving with NY and LA still shutdown.

5 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

There’s already rumours circulating that they’re about to announce WW84 is moving to Christmas and Dune to 2021.

At this stage, even if Tenet opens well in the US, I think they’d still be better off doing that rather than opening WW84 in just over a months time. If they want Tenet to have decent legs, WB won’t want to essentially be competing with themselves with WW84 taking the majority of Tenet’s screens in 4 weeks time. Plus, California and NY might not even open until mid-September at the earliest, so what would ordinarily be the biggest US markets would only get 2-3 weeks of play before WW84. Regardless of the virus situation, they’d be fools not to delay WW84.

Selfishly, I'd like WW at Xmas...Aquaman did so well in that set up, and I'd love to have a movie that I can put tickets under the tree for (whether Black Widow or WW goes there 1st...b/c I don't think the kids want Dune...although maybe I'll be wrong:)...

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

this sounds a massively flawed movie that people are trying to convince themselves is really good. Too bad. Oh well a weaker Nolan movie is still better than most movies that come out 

I could take or leave the movie but I can easily imagine someone being sincere in their love for it if that's what they claim. For all its flaws it's... unique. It makes Inception feel tame (and I say that as someone who prefers Inception).

Edited by Hatebox

8 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Tenet isn't a franchise movie. The only nolan movies to open big where his batman movies(franchise)

None of Nolan's original movies have opened big and tend to be leggy.

Even without the pandemic   This would have opened to 70 atmost.

Correct. The point still stands you don't spend $200M on production and $100M on marketing in hopes of a $20-30M domestic opening. 

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1