Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

22 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Grace Randolph had several scoops confirmed to be true.

Even a broken clock can be right twice a day. She makes educated guesses at best, and then brags about the few times that she gets it right, causing her fans to leap to her defence.

What Peter Scrietta indirectly said yesterday about her basically being a cold reader is so accurate.

Anyway, we’re moving off topic here.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

I just discovered Interstellar is 72% on RT. 😕

I'm still perplexed at why it has such a lower score. At the time the critics didn't love it but I see so many people that really like it and think it's one of Nolan's better films. It's not my favorite Nolan movie but it's in the upper half for sure.

Edited by mldardy

13 hours ago, mldardy said:

I'm still perplexed at why it has such a lower score. At the time the critics didn't love it but I see so many people that really like it and think it's one of Nolan's better films. It's not my favorite Nolan movie but it's in the upper half for sure.

Interstellar is my favorite Nolan film. I still can't understand why it didn't get as much acclaim as TDK or Inception. I think Dark Knight , Inception and Interstellar are his top 3 films irrespective of how people place them. These films have ideas , unique set pieces (waves , tesseract , no time for caution , hallway fight, japan house set etc) on the scale like never before and also importantly have strong narration and execution , just outstanding. 

I felt so disheartening when just another template animated movie Bighero6 had better reviews and boxoffice.

• Like 2

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-ceo-talks-batman-filming-halt-tenet-theatrical-release-amid-covid-19

Regarding Tenet’s release in theaters, there’s a perception that Christopher Nolan controls things. Is that fair or overstated?

It's overstated. Let me share with you the process that we went through. Right when COVID struck, we started looking at alternative ways to think about movie releases. On the Scoob! front, we decided to release it on PVOD. Families were sequestered together and wanted more content. We are very happy with the results. A few weeks later it debuted on HBO Max, where we were very happy with the results as well.

On the Tenet front, we also had a finished movie, which we are very proud for people to see. As the summer unfolded, we started thinking about more innovative ways of releasing the movie. What if we didn’t put everything up front toward the opening weekend? Theaters were very upfront about saying they could give us three to four times as many screens as normal. So that started to change our thinking. We are happy with where we are. Some markets still aren’t open, but it is a marathon and not a sprint.

Edited by Macleod

3 hours ago, Nostalgia said:

Interstellar is my favorite Nolan film. I still can't understand why it didn't get as much acclaim as TDK or Inception. I think Dark Knight , Inception and Interstellar are his top 3 films irrespective of how people place them. These films have ideas , unique set pieces (waves , tesseract , no time for caution , hallway fight, japan house set etc) on the scale like never before and also importantly have strong narration and execution , just outstanding. 

I felt so disheartening when just another template animated movie Bighero6 had better reviews and boxoffice.

I've never seen Big Hero 6 but it doesn't seem very memorable to the  public. I don't see many people referencing it or talking about it especially like Interstellar. I don't know it might be but I just haven't seen it.

Edited by mldardy

The fact that Tenet has a lower score on RT than Mulan just superficially bugs me. I can't help but think it says a lot about this industry now- or at least its "critics"

You have an original, well made, ambitious film that truly tries to do something new and a soulless cash crab copypasta project from a corporation who is attempting to monopolize the industry and the latter has a higher scores from whatever hole RT pulls their "critics" from.  I'm not saying everyone had to love Tenet or anything, I just dislike Disney's live action copypasta #20 is somehow more revered right now.

• Like 4
  • Disbelief 1

4 hours ago, Macleod said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-ceo-talks-batman-filming-halt-tenet-theatrical-release-amid-covid-19

Regarding Tenet’s release in theaters, there’s a perception that Christopher Nolan controls things. Is that fair or overstated?

It's overstated. Let me share with you the process that we went through. Right when COVID struck, we started looking at alternative ways to think about movie releases. On the Scoob! front, we decided to release it on PVOD. Families were sequestered together and wanted more content. We are very happy with the results. A few weeks later it debuted on HBO Max, where we were very happy with the results as well.

On the Tenet front, we also had a finished movie, which we are very proud for people to see. As the summer unfolded, we started thinking about more innovative ways of releasing the movie. What if we didn’t put everything up front toward the opening weekend? Theaters were very upfront about saying they could give us three to four times as many screens as normal. So that started to change our thinking. We are happy with where we are. Some markets still aren’t open, but it is a marathon and not a sprint.

ANd in the US, netiher Nolan or the studio has the final say in many places;it's the local health authorities.