Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

7 hours ago, Avatree said:

This is an incredibly ignorant way of thinking. Just because you understood the film doesn't mean the film makes sense to everyone. 

Clearly lots of people have seen Tenet, and didn't understand it. Do you genuinely believe all those people are... idiots? People who can't concentrate? What...?

No what's incredibly ignorant is saying the movie makes no sense as the definitive view or answer for this movie. I've seen this movie twice now and it was not confusing either time. And clearly lots of people have seen Tenet and understood it perfectly fine.  If you don't like a movie that makes you think a little bit and challenge you then don't go see it but stop acting like everyone was confused about this movie. They weren't.

Edited by mldardy

6 hours ago, The Gotham Bank said:

Incredibly ignorant...? Someone clearly woke up on the wrong side of bed today. He/She specifically used the words " weren't paying attention'. How you go from that to " idiots " is beyond me. I can tell my fiancee she didn't pay attention during Tenet and to take it as me calling her an idiot would be an absolute stretch. Lots of people don't pay much attention during movies, that's why most of the highest grossing movies are pieces that can be understood by everyone, without requiring much attention to details. The majority of movie-goers just go to the cinema for other reasons.

OK, maybe not "ignorant", but arrogant for sure. You are not the most important person in the world, it's not like your opinion = Truth, and anyone else must be just wrong. 

LOTS of people were fully attentive and did NOT understand the film. Stop being an arse.

36 minutes ago, mldardy said:

No what's incredibly ignorant is saying the movie makes no sense as the definitive view or answer for this movie. I've seen this movie twice now and it was not confusing either time. And clearly lots of people have seen Tenet and understood it perfectly fine.  If you don't like a movie that makes you think a little bit and challenge you then don't go see it but stop acting like everyone was confused about this movie. They weren't.

I didn't say everyone was confused, I said a lot of people were. I did not understand Tenet. Same as lots of other people on this forum. Don't fucking call me an idiot mate. "Don't go see films that challenge you and make you think". You don't think I was trying to understand it? Piss off mate and learn to not be so patronising to others, it might get you somewhere in life.

• Knock It Off 1

59 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I didn't say everyone was confused, I said a lot of people were. I did not understand Tenet. Same as lots of other people on this forum. Don't fucking call me an idiot mate. "Don't go see films that challenge you and make you think". You don't think I was trying to understand it? Piss off mate and learn to not be so patronising to others, it might get you somewhere in life.

I'm saying that everyone in here perceives that this movie is confusing. It's like the universal view of this movie and it's not true. And no one called you an idiot. You are calling yourself one. I just said pay attention to what is going on in the movie and it seems obvious that you didn't.  Anyway I'm doing going back and forth with you. You bring nothing to this conversation except whining and more confusion then it should be.

Edited by mldardy

9 hours ago, Avatree said:

This is an incredibly ignorant way of thinking. Just because you understood the film doesn't mean the film makes sense to everyone. 

Clearly lots of people have seen Tenet, and didn't understand it. Do you genuinely believe all those people are... idiots? People who can't concentrate? What...?

Yeah, the movie makes sense you just were not paying attention routine is just antother version of "If you did not like it it's because you are too stupid to understand it".

IMHO, one of the most ignorant lines I have heard, and I tend to write off anybody using it as a hopeless fanboy who can't stand people who differ with him.

38 minutes ago, mldardy said:

I'm saying that everyone in here perceives that this movie is confusing. It's like the universal view of this movie and it's not true. And no one called you an idiot. You are calling yourself one. I just said pay attention to what is going on in the movie and it seems obvious that you didn't.  Anyway I'm doing going back and forth with you. You bring nothing to this conversation except whining and more confusion then it should be.

I have not seen the movie..no theaters open where I live...so have no opinion on the film...but this statement is Fanboyism at it's worst.

What gets to me is that people don't get how bad saying this crap make them look to everybody but fellow fanboys.

• Knock It Off 1

17 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I have not seen the movie..no theaters open where I live...so have no opinion on the film...but this statement is Fanboyism at it's worst.

What gets to me is that people don't get how bad saying this crap make them look to everybody but fellow fanboys.

It never fails when someone uses words like 'fanboyism' and 'overrated' when it doesn't apply. Saying the movie made sense, is not hard to follow and pay more attention has nothing to do with fanboyism. This is not that difficult of a movie to follow.

You don't even know what a fanboy is so stop using a word that you don't really know what it is. 

Edited by mldardy

2 minutes ago, Eric #RIPChadwick said:

Moderation

Yeah this whole "you have to pay attention" bit isn't funny anymore. Please stop.

Tell the people that keep responding to me  and calling me ignorant and a fanboy to stop also. Don't just single me out.

Edited by mldardy

2 minutes ago, mldardy said:

Tell the people that keep responding to me  and calling me ignorant and a fanboy to stop also. Don't just single me out.

Okay.

Moderation

@Avatree @dudalb What mldardy was condescending and rude, and it's okay to argue against the man. But trying to be condescending and rude back does not make things better. Please be more respectful in the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, Eric #RIPChadwick said:

Okay.

Moderation

@Avatree @dudalb What mldardy was condescending and rude, and it's okay to argue against the man. But trying to be condescending and rude back does not make things better. Please be more respectful in the future.

Yeah what you did is not helping by again singling me out. You aren't a very good moderator.

• Haha 1

Ahh, this is some classic BOT stuff.   

Anyway looks like the updated weekend was actually 4.6, so that’s a 28% PTA drop. If it keeps dropping like that current markets would add 6.8*2.5 for 17 and a total of 53M.    

I do wonder if we’ll start to see reclosures soon though — the weekly haul at some of these places has gotta be really low without much hope of replenishment on the horizon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mldardy said:

Yeah what you did is not helping by again singling me out. You aren't a very good moderator.

Sorry that I'm holding you accountable for your actions, but you are not in the right here.

Your language in the beginning post of this whole ordeal was this: "And the movie makes sense you just weren't paying attention."

I'm sure you did not intend it to be malicious, but this is extremely condescending. It posits this elitist idea that it objectively makes sense. Film isn't objective and it paints the idea that people who didn't like it or thought it was convoluted are dumb or that they have a problem. Again, maybe not your intention, but still incredibly rude stuff whether you like it or not.

And while I did single you out, I also singled out Tree and Dudalb for escalating things and making things worse. I didn't specifically target you. Hell, I @ed both of them. They are both far from perfect and have been called out for their actions. None of you are being treated any differently, nor should you be given special treatment for your actions over this.

I'm sure you won't agree with what I'm saying here, and I'm sure you will complain about how I'm a terrible moderator over all this. And that's fine. But just remember one thing: you aren't required to post here. If you're not a fan of a website and how it runs, you can go somewhere else that's less strict. We aren't the only forum talking about box office, Nolan, or movies. Just a thought.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

I do wonder if we’ll start to see reclosures soon though — the weekly haul at some of these places has gotta be really low without much hope of replenishment on the horizon.

It's pretty much inevitable at this point since some theaters are already doing it. At least during the week at a lot of places. Total lack of content for at least another month (Death on the Nile on October 23) doesn't give theaters much of an incentive to keep the lights on if the only big summer movie that stayed around is playing to mostly empty auditoriums.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eric #RIPChadwick said:

Sorry that I'm holding you accountable for your actions, but you are not in the right here.

Your language in the beginning post of this whole ordeal was this: "And the movie makes sense you just weren't paying attention."

I'm sure you did not intend it to be malicious, but this is extremely condescending. It posits this elitist idea that it objectively makes sense. Film isn't objective and it paints the idea that people who didn't like it or thought it was convoluted are dumb or that they have a problem. Again, maybe not your intention, but still incredibly rude stuff whether you like it or not.

And while I did single you out, I also singled out Tree and Dudalb for escalating things and making things worse. I didn't specifically target you. Hell, I @ed both of them. They are both far from perfect and have been called out for their actions. None of you are being treated any differently, nor should you be given special treatment for your actions over this.

I'm sure you won't agree with what I'm saying here, and I'm sure you will complain about how I'm a terrible moderator over all this. And that's fine. But just remember one thing: you aren't required to post here. If you're not a fan of a website and how it runs, you can go somewhere else that's less strict. We aren't the only forum talking about box office, Nolan, or movies. Just a thought.

My actions. Give me a break. I said people need to pay attention.  That doesn't warrant being called ignorant and a fanboy. Those actions went ignored by you. You are the moderator and NEED to do something about that as well. Instead you are a poor sorry excuse for a moderator that continues to make excuses.

Edited by mldardy
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Ahh, this is some classic BOT stuff.   

Anyway looks like the updated weekend was actually 4.6, so that’s a 28% PTA drop. If it keeps dropping like that current markets would add 6.8*2.5 for 17 and a total of 53M.    

Reclosures will happen as the weather grows colder..cold weather makes people sneeze and cough more, and the virus will hitchhike on the usual winter sicknesses. And the studios are damn well aware of this (In the US public health officials have been cautioning about this for a long time) .

Except for Warners, of course...…..

Edited by dudalb
  • Knock It Off 1

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

Reclosures will happen as the weather grows colder..cold weather makes people sneeze and cough more, and the virus will hitchhike on the usual winter sicknesses. And the studios are damn well aware of this (In the US public health officials have been cautioning about this for a long time) .

Except for Warners, of course...…..

Is it really necessary to keep bringing up how cold weather will make the virus worse? 

• Like 2

Honestly this movie begs for a VOD release. From a number’s perspective it seems fairly obvious it should go to streaming sooner rather than later, because it’s clear now that Mulan is profitable and Tenet is not. Every day that Tenet is not available on VOD is $millions lost due to waning interest. I would’ve paid $50+ at release to watch the VOD. Strike while the iron is hot because it’s cooling fast, Warner Bro.

Also from a cinematic perspective, I would have personally enjoyed this film a lot more on VOD. I want to analyze the film. I find it exhausting to watch start to finish without any pause.