Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

24 minutes ago, Daenys said:

Okay, we have a filming date, van Hoytema's going to be involved, and it's somewhat Hitchcockian.

That's more than we've learned in the past six weeks.

Edited by 35MM-18

Just now, TMP said:

Yes, a hotspot filled with such soon-to-be-blockbusters as (checks notes) Morbius The Living Vampire starring Jared Leto, and Jungle Cruise.

Minions 2 and Ghostbusters in the two weeks prior, and July delivers higher calendar grosses than most other months on a regular basis so I would consider it a hotspot.

Not that it was the point I was making either.

15 minutes ago, cookie said:

Both made under $200m domestic.

They're strong numbers for what they are, but they wouldn't send other studios running for the hills in a box office hotspot like July.

Any other director comes out with those type of original content, it makes just about half of DOM and about a third international.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

Any other director comes out with those type of original content, it makes just about half of DOM and about a third international.

And I wasn't disputing any of that.

My point was that they're not making the kind of numbers at least DOM that would scare other studios away from releasing films around them. We already saw this with Dunkirk.

Edited by cookie

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Kind of unrelated, but I clicked on the link and went to production weekly's website and a 24 jump street is being made by the same director of Spider-verse? I never knew about this.

It's the female lead Jump Street film... and it's from 1/3 of the directors of spider-verse

5 minutes ago, excel1 said:

13 months between production and release ????? 

He did the same with Inception.

Nolan has a real knack for consistently delivering the movie on time and within budget.

Edited by 35MM-18

5 minutes ago, excel1 said:

13 months between production and release ????? 

If it's really NXNW crossed with Inception, then there's probably at least some VFX work but not as heavy as his previous films.

Edited by Rebeccas

25 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Kind of unrelated, but I clicked on the link and went to production weekly's website and a 24 jump street is being made by the same director of Spider-verse? I never knew about this.

Would it shock you to learn that the producers/writers of Spider-Verse directed 21 and 22?

1 hour ago, Alli said:

jungle cruise will probably do more.

Jungle Cruise is doing sub-$150m dom, so not really

25 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

This is gonna be the most sexless romance movie ever

nah

Just now, Alli said:

jungle cruise will be big imo. but anyway, it's not hitting the same target audience as Nolan's movie.

Jungle Cruise will be big just like how Skyscraper and Rampage were big