Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

Any bets on the lead actor and actress? I'm sure Leo will be the first call he makes but I'm hoping he branches out a little.

hopefully someone young if it's a romance movie. leo looks old and to see him kiss his leading lady on screen.....that time has passed

Just now, Alli said:

hopefully someone young if it's a romance movie. leo looks old and to see him kiss his leading lady on screen.....that time has passed

I mean he's the same age as Bradley Cooper... but yeah. Cary Grant was 54 in North by Northwest so older romantic leading man might be where we're heading anyways.

• Like 1

Unless Nolan has had a personality transplant I suspect the 'romance' aspect isn't really the focus, but the North By Northwest comparison sounds very believable. Hard to remember the last big movie in that vein, but I welcome the prospect.

2 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Any bets on the lead actor and actress? I'm sure Leo will be the first call he makes but I'm hoping he branches out a little.

I think Scorsese has Leo booked for this summer, if Killers of the Flower Moon does start shooting this year.

I give Nolan this" He does not want to be indentified with one genre of film.

Spielberg said every director wants to make a David Lean film and an Alfred Hitchcock film at least once in his career; I think Nolan did Lean with "Dunkirk" now he wants to be Hitchcock.

Now the question is who will be his Cary Grant and Eve Marie Saint?

4 hours ago, Avatree said:

what happened to Wally after transcendence? Where did he go?

I remember him giving in an interview before Transcendence was released where he boasted that he was asked to be the cinematographer of a Potter film and gave off the impression that he felt he was too good for it - extremely arrogant. And then he went brutally hard on the look of Avengers and a couple of other movies...which is fine to criticize, but he always gave off the impression that he truly believed he was superior to everyone else. 

13 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I give Nolan this" He does not want to be identified with one genre of film.

Spielberg said every director wants to make a David Lean film and an Alfred Hitchcock film at least once in his career; I think Nolan did Lean with "Dunkirk" now he wants to be Hitchcock.

Now the question is who will be his Cary Grant and Eve Marie Saint?

I'm just throwing ideas out there: Bradley Cooper, Ryan Gosling, Christian Bale, Jake Gyllenhaal, Robert Downey Jr., or Tom Hardy for the male lead?

Female lead: Anne Hathaway (unless Zemeckis's The Witches starts filming at the same time), Rosamund Pike, Melanie Laurent, Keira Knightley, Michelle Williams, Eiza Gonzalez, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, or Juno Temple?

1 hour ago, 35MM-18 said:

I think Scorsese has Leo booked for this summer, if Killers of the Flower Moon does start shooting this year.

Oh right, I forgot that's happening now. Maybe Bradley Cooper if his Berstein film takes longer to develop.

17 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Oh right, I forgot that's happening now. Maybe Bradley Cooper if his Berstein film takes longer to develop.

Cooper's not a bad choice, and getting him would definitely bring publicity thanks to his Best Director-snubbed how well A Star Is Born has done.