Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

Collider.com now saying the Production Weekly report is not true. Not sure if they mean the genre description, when filming starts, or both.

http://collider.com/christopher-nolan-new-movie-romantic-thriller/

38 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I'm gonna get out there early and call a Bradley Cooper casting. 

If there is a big romance element, he would be an excellent choice, even if it's not, he would make sense given his age and the studio connection. Aren't they kind of rivals now as THE next generation director of WB after Eastwood though? :) Kind of kidding, but Nolan and Cooper would be a super interesting dynamic.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

5 hours ago, Noctis said:

I remember him giving in an interview before Transcendence was released where he boasted that he was asked to be the cinematographer of a Potter film and gave off the impression that he felt he was too good for it - extremely arrogant. And then he went brutally hard on the look of Avengers and a couple of other movies...which is fine to criticize, but he always gave off the impression that he truly believed he was superior to everyone else. 

Considering the current state pf the Potter franchise, you don’t have to achieve much career-wise to be above it talent wise.

2 hours ago, RichWS said:

I'm gonna get out there early and call a Bradley Cooper casting. 

I could see that. Nolan is nothing if not a director who goes after the buzziest great actors (Dunkirk excluded). Him and Villenueve have that in common and I love them for it. 

Edited by tonytr87

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

I could see that. Nolan is nothing if not a director who goes after the buzziest great actors (Dunkirk excluded). Him and Villenueve have that in common and I love them for it. 

Olivia Colman as the dead wife let's go

[Update: We’ve been informed by a trusted source that the information provided by Production Weekly is not true. We apologize for any confusion. We’ve chosen to leave up the story rather than delete it in order to be up front with our readers.]

http://collider.com/christopher-nolan-new-movie-romantic-thriller/

so no romantic thriller.

Edited by Alli
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, TMP said:

Considering the current state pf the Potter franchise, you don’t have to achieve much career-wise to be above it talent wise.

After one so-so to bad movie, people forget just how consistent that franchise has been. And in terms of cinematography, everything from PoA on has been amazing. Pfister is a good DP, don't get me wrong, but he's arguably beneath most of the DPs that have done Potter.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

After one so-so to bad movie, people forget just how consistent that franchise has been. And in terms of cinematography, everything from PoA on has been amazing. Pfister is a good DP, don't get me wrong, but he's arguably beneath most of the DPs that have done Potter.

So-so to bad? That last film was BvS-level bad and was also a huge disappointment financially. JK Rowling’s writing is like a punchline now. Also, Pfister’s films look great, while those two Fant Beasts film look incredibly ugly

Edited by TMP

29 minutes ago, TMP said:

So-so to bad? That last film was BvS-level bad and was also a huge disappointment financially. JK Rowling’s writing is like a punchline now. Also, Pfister’s films look great, while those two Fant Beasts film look incredibly ugly

Without going into a BvS debate, I will say Crimes of Grindlewald had a couple good scenes, which makes the overall movie not terrible for me. And I doubt I'm alone in this. And of course it disappointed financially, but what does that have to do with anything? Also, I completely disagree with the movies looking bad - in fact, the highlights for me were mainly around the visual aspects of it (as opposed to the issues with the writing).

I think you're being very hyperbolic, and all off one movie, which in no way takes away from the fact that by and large the cinematography for the series blows anything Pfister has done out of the water (latching on to the last movie as a counter-example, even if you disagree with my assessment of it, doesn't nullify the rest of the series)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I think you're being very hyperbolic, and all off one movie, which in no way takes away from the fact that by and large the cinematography for the series blows anything Pfister has done out of the water 

Dude, it's kind of strange to accuse someone of hyperbole and then within the same sentence go on to indulge in hyperbole.  :lol:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Dude, it's kind of strange to accuse someone of hyperbole and then within the same sentence go on to indulge in hyperbole.  :lol:

It's fine when you base it on the entire series, rather than the all-too-common-these-days swift judgement based on one entry. :D 

That's my explanation and I'm sticking to it.

17 hours ago, TMP said:

Oh, FFS, get over yourself. Your incessant whining in the Crimes thread has been ridiculous.