Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

I have to admit, I’m pleasantly surprised by that casting choice. As much as I like Christopher Nolan, I can’t deny that he’s made some of the whitest movies I’ve seen (before anyone jumps on me, I’m not saying that making white people the stars of a movie is bad, just that all of Nolan’s movies up to this point have revolved around white people, so I was expecting this one to as well). 

Edited by WittyUsername

Nolan with a black lead? I never thought I'd see the day. I'm genuinely surprised. Good for him and JDW. I'm certainly more intrigued by this than I would have been had Nolan cast one of his usuals. And I like most of Nolan's films but this is truly inspired casting. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe

6 minutes ago, Alli said:

action is not exactly nolan's forte. we shall see

I actually think he's underrated in this department. Inception and TDK featured some of the more memorable action sequences at that time. And he's so good at suspense that some of his non-action scenes feel like action scenes.

People seem to think action = fight scenes. He's definitely awful with fight scenes, but not so with anything else. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Alli said:

action is not exactly nolan's forte. we shall see

You feeling okay? The action sequences in TDK and TDKR are phenomenal. He makes fantastic use of models and real things with little CGI as possible - and he allows shots to play out and give an impact. helps that he works with talented cinematographers and knows how to lay things out in a frame.

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

first fist fight between Batman and Bane in TDKR was great

There's also a single shot during their last fight that is phenomenal in its simplicity. Bane marches forward and rib-roasts Batman three or four times. 

• Like 3