Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

9 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

How do we know this is an "EVENT" film, lol??

Is Nolan even capable of making an event movie, even if he tried, like, really hard?? His event movies were LAST DECADE (ten or more years ago)!!

I know you’re a troll but over the last decade his 4 movies averaged $750 million a piece

13 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Is Nolan even capable of making an event movie, even if he tried, like, really hard?? His event movies were LAST DECADE (ten or more years ago)!!

I'm sure people said the same thing about George Miller before he made Fury Road

And Dunkirk ticks enough boxes to be an event film.

32 minutes ago, Scubasteve716 said:

I know you’re a troll but over the last decade his 4 movies averaged $750 million a piece

Same can be easily said for Michael Bay and a host of other hacks.

Inception was Nolan's last really good movie - a decade before this next one.

Batman3 made so much money only by being a Batman, not to mention following the brilliant TDK.

Intheshitter made some money by following Inception - and because it was designed to fool basic people that they are smarter than they actually are. It's a neat trick, always works. I myself do NOT use it, as a writer, because it is unethical.

Dunkirk was a good movie and somewhat of a return to form - but too niche, too weird, too noisy. Made some money, because Americans are taught to hate Nazis.

There. Currently not liking a once good director does not make me a troll. Let him prove himself with his new movie - and THEN we shall talk, about events and anything...

Edited by shayhiri

15 minutes ago, 35MM-18 said:

I'm sure people said the same thing about George Miller before he made Fury Road.

NO THEY DID NOT!!

Miller did not have a string of totally mediocre movies (like Nolan) before returning. He was always a classic GOD. And it showed!

PS: Yes, Dunkirk was impressive.

18 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Same can be easily said for Michael Bay and a host of other hacks.

Inception was Nolan's last good movie - a decade before this next one.

Batman3 made so much money only by being a Batman, not to mention following the brilliant TDK.

Intheshitter made some money by following Inception - and because it was designed to fool basic people that they are smarter then they actually are. It's a neat trick, always works. I myself do NOT use it, as a writer, because it is unethical.

Dunkirk was a good movie and somewhat of a return to form - but too narrow, too strange, too noisy. Made some money, because Americans are taught to hate Nazis.

There. Not liking a once good director does not make me a troll. Let him prove himself with his new movie - and THEN we shall talk, about events and anything...

Same actually can’t be said about Michael Bay, his last 4 movies averaged about 460 million. Which is more than 40% less than Nolan’s 775. He also had 2 franchise movies to help inflate his numbers compared to Nolan’s 1.

You can make multiple original movies gross over $500 million and you get to label your movies event films.

Edited by Scubasteve716