Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

3 hours ago, Alli said:

for some weird reason fanboys have embraced pattinson. they think it's cool to like him. why? because he starred in some auteurs' films?

If he'd made his debut in Good Time people would have been calling him a hot new talent. Haven't seen it but I hear he was also great in Lost City of Z too. 

Face it, he was a teen idol who came out the other side very, very well. 

• Like 6

Just now, MrPink said:

Genuinely relieved. Was watching Baby Driver a few days ago and god damn he sucks

very overhyped movie and ansolo didn't bring in the charm.   i'm not exactly a fan, i'm just saying he's gonna be the next thing

1 minute ago, Alli said:

very overhyped movie and ansolo didn't bring in the charm.   i'm not exactly a fan, i'm just saying he's gonna be the next thing

It seems very weird to not be a fan of someone and claim he’s gonna be the next thing despite everyone in the world agreeing that he sucks

Edited by That One Guy

Just now, That One Guy said:

It seems very weird to not be a fan of someone and claim he’s gonna be the next thing despite everyone seeming to agree that he sucks

lots of sucky actors became the next big thing without the talent.

Not the Baby Driver thread, but if they got someone like a Risky Business-era Tom Cruise for the lead role in terms of charisma, that film would have been a future classic. Now it's just an incredibly well-edited action film starring a piece of wood and [redacted] as one of the supporting players.

Just now, TMP said:

Not the Baby Driver thread, but if they got someone like a Risky Business-era Tom Cruise for the lead role in terms of charisma, that film would have been a future classic. Now it's just an incredibly well-edited action film starring a piece of wood and [redacted] as one of the supporting players.

Speaking of Baby Driver, hear me out

Jon Hamm as the slightly older male that Collider is referencing. Give Don Draper more jobs 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Actually, i felt ansolo was trying to imitate cruise in Risky Business.  

Ansel is great in TFIOS and Baby Driver, I can understand why some don't just plain don't like him, he's good looking, he's got a gorgeous girlfriend, he's also a musician, sings well, he's got it all so to speak, and some just don't like his face. BUT he has proven himself. 

And Robert has proven himself many times. Good Time is an okay film imo but his performance is pretty transformative in that, he's electric. 

Edited by TimmyRiggins
  • Like 1

I think everything about Baby Driver rules and is great except for the fact that watching a block of wood drive a car isn’t very interesting.  It’s also a giant leap in logic to have a block of wood have arms and legs to control the car.  Other than that though great movie

Just now, MrPink said:

Speaking of Baby Driver, hear me out

Jon Hamm as the slightly older male that Collider is referencing. Give Don Draper more jobs 

I wanna DiCaprio-martini react this so bad if I wasn't out of reactions. Dude's finally picking interesting projects again between Bad Times, Lucy in the Sky, The Report and Top Gun 2 (which I have a strong feeling McQuarrie completely rewrote under the radar...). More of those, and less Keeping Up with the Joneses. Also would be funny if my top 2 choices for Batman (Hamm/Pattinson) co-lead a Nolan film instead. 

• Like 1