Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

Honestly, Nolan just made a WWII film with no A-list stars outside of a masked Tom Hardy in a supporting role and it grossed 525 million worldwide.

If the premise is exciting and the execution is there, the lack of stars won’t matter. 

Edited by MrPink

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Honestly, Nolan just made a WWII film with no stars outside of a masked Tom Hardy in a supporting role and it grossed 525 million worldwide.

If the premise is exciting and the execution is there, the lack of stars won’t matter. 

yeah....depends on the movie. dunkirk ....the event sold the movie

this new movie may need the actors to sell it. like if it's action/thriller...it needs good/recognizable actors/performances

Edited by Alli

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

yeah....depends on the movie. dunkirk ....the event sold the movie

this new movie may need the actors to sell it. like if it's action/thriller...it needs good/recognizable actors

I don’t think the event sold the movie outside of a handful of countries.

Most Americans certainly aren’t familiar with Dunkirk. If this one is more action heavy, I think it’s a way easier sell in the end than something like Dunkirk

Edited by MrPink

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I don’t think the event sold the movie outside of a handful of countries.

I'm just saying the actors didn't matter in dunkirk. i still don't recognize the faces of the actors on the beach  in dunkirk. the evacuation action scenes sold the movie. 

the question is if this is a traditional action movie. it was described like north by northwest. you definitely need a cary grant type of charismatic actor for that.

Edited by Alli

6 minutes ago, Alli said:

I'm just saying the actors didn't matter in dunkirk. i still don't recognize the faces of the actors on the beach  in dunkirk. the evacuation action scenes sold the movie. 

the question is if this is a traditional action movie. it was described like north by northwest. you definitely need a cary grant type of charismatic actor for that.

That description was said to be false

Dunkirk was a pretty hard sell. An event that very few people knew or wanted to see a movie of. It was also bleak as fuck which clearly is not the type of movies audiences are interested right now.

But Nolan still did it. Dunkirk managed to make almost 200m dom, and more importantly, more than 300m os, which is pretty god damn amazing for a war film.

Nolan is not st00pid, it s a summer release, Dunkirk in the current climate was somewhat odd, but I don't think he ll do that twice.

He must bring back the bros to his fold.

Edited by The Futurist