Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

Here is Chris Nolan "speaking" about Tenet.🙂

1 hour ago, TMP said:

You're doing nothin but helping the mouse™. Just search up twitter tomorrow and you can find it lmao

I dont think it makes any difference on way or another. Anyway I like SW movies and I like JJ's movies. So I was anyway planning to see it. Plus I am a Disney Shareholder and so I am not wishing they fail at all. Only that others also succeed.

I have also seen the bootleg version online. It does not beat seeing it on big screen anyway.

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 1

So BFI IMAX showed the 6 minute preview in 70MM IMAX before Star Wars which was absolutely fantastic (my favourite format in cinema),

Spoiler

it's a standard Nolan heist scene basically, with that SWAT team clip you've seen in trailers. Feels like it could be a clip straight out of the The Dark Knight/Rises or Inception, most interesting aspect was definitely the introduction of time being manipulated which was introduced in a short montage of clips at the end. 

Edited by FilmFincher
spoiler tag

So the trailer tells us absolutely nothing. It looks good but I have no idea what it's about. And I'm with CJohn. Definitely thinking there is a shared universe between Tenet and Inception.

• Like 1

Nolan makes franchise films.

His movies all feel the same on every aspect :

look, photography, music, themes, subject matters, quasi absence of humor and emotion, a general coldness, style of acting and editing, a genuine disdain for anything fantasy, the dialogues and writing, the complexity of his stories, his obsession with time, Michael Cain etc

If you go see a Nolan movie you know exactly what you are going to get.

A Nolan movie won't surprise you in the least.

Just like at Mc Donalds.

Nolan makes great assembly line films from the Nolan factory.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, stephanos13 said:

I think he is the only STAR Director right know that draws people to the cinema and is becoming even more popular film by film.

What are other directors today you can make a case they are similar to Nolan? Maybe Tarantino?

Tarantino definitely. Also Jordan Peele, Shyamalan still has it, Spielberg too to some extent.