Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

26 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

If China's still on lock down come July... I think the worldwide effects at that stage will be significant enough that there will be disruptions in every market..,

It definitely will get effects even if local theaters can reopen in March or April. China already extended Chinese New Year/winter holidays by shortening summer holidays. Films in June/July will not enjoy the benefits because many local students still have to stay in school at that moment.

Shortest summer holiday ever.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

When do you think is the earliest local theaters will open? I'm thinking June or July.

unclear. But summer holiday may only last one month instead of two and have to hold those movies which should have been in Chinese New Year & spring. Pretty crowded

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Noctis said:

Nolan's made many great films, but Interstellar is still his best. 

Definitely. Matt Damons scene was the only downside because it dragged but even that raised some seriously questions about humanity. Many critics weren't smart enough for Interstellar

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Alli said:

Anyone else think the OW may not be huge for this? I see about 65M. I just don't feel the hype. It's still early, of course, but that trailer with the time theme.....been there, done that.

65 would be good. that's around what i'm guessing for the opening right now as well.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Giesi said:

Some friends of mine, who aren’t really that much into films, were quiet intrigued by the trailer. $65M OW seems rather low in my opinion, 80M shouldn‘t be out of question with a 300M total depending on WOM.

65 million OW for this type of film would still have 300 in play. It's gonna be down to WOM and legs, as has been the case with all his non-Batman flicks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Noctis said:

Nolan's made many great films, but Interstellar is still his best. 

I don't like this film as much as I used to (I still think it's brilliantly made and maybe I'm a bit more forgiving of its writing flaws now) but it's the only film I've seen twice in a single day in the cinemas. The movie blew my mind back then. Hans Zimmer's score for the movie is also why I started listening to movie scores in the first place too. Thinking of doing a rewatch later this month. Haven't seen the movie since my 3rd viewing about 4 years ago (which was a bit of a lukewarm experience for me and nowhere near as good).

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2020 at 11:55 PM, lorddemaxus said:

I don't like this film as much as I used to (I still think it's brilliantly made and maybe I'm a bit more forgiving of its writing flaws now) but it's the only film I've seen twice in a single day in the cinemas. The movie blew my mind back then. Hans Zimmer's score for the movie is also why I started listening to movie scores in the first place too. Thinking of doing a rewatch later this month. Haven't seen the movie since my 3rd viewing about 4 years ago (which was a bit of a lukewarm experience for me and nowhere near as good).

Rewatched the film. The filmmaking in the movie is absolutely brilliant (appreciated it way more than I did during my previous watches) and holy shit does it look amazing in 4K. The emotional beats worked nowhere as well as I remembered (I didn't sob for 10 minutes like I did when I watched it in my last few times) and the movie works so much better when it wants you to be awed by it. The movie did fix some of the problems I had with it when I last watched it too.

I also completely forgot Chalamet was in this. So weird seeing him in this when I didn't even know he existed when I watched the movie before.

Edited by lorddemaxus