Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

Right now it looks like WB has dispensed with the whole "From the Director of the Dark Knight Trilogy, Interstellar, Inception, etc"

He is his own brand name now.

I think he is the only STAR Director right know that draws people to the cinema and is becoming even more popular film by film.

What are other directors today you can make a case they are similar to Nolan? Maybe Tarantino?

6 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Yeah. Now here's an interesting conspiracy angle/question. What's the better strategy? Announce upfront that your movie is an Inception sequel, or let the audience find out during the movie itself that it's an Inception sequel and then let WOM spread? The 2nd approach could be a pretty cool way to add extra boost to WOM, assuming the movie itself is good quality. 

Nolan inspired by King Shyamalan. :monopoly:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

The revelation of this being an Inception sequel would be great for WOM and legs. After all, Nolan being big on his name alone is enough to attract a major audience already.

Yeah, they don't need the Inception name brand to get a $50M domestic opening. I tend to think they won't be connected simply because I think Nolan wants to stay away from the franchise stuff these days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Well if he's ever gonna do a Bond film, the next one after Craig is done will probably be it. But I doubt he will, he's got too good of a thing going with WB where he can make whatever the hell he wants.

When you think about it, TDKR was already kind of a James Bond film. 

• Like 1

Just now, WittyUsername said:

When you think about it, TDKR was already kind of a James Bond film. 

All of his Batman movies stole from Bond. Nolan said that multiple times in various interviews. Inception stole from Bond. Looks like Tenet is stealing from Bond as well. And then we have recent Bond films that have stolen from Nolan's films. My point here is between Skyfall, the Nolan Bat films, Inception, and (probably) Tenet, we already know what a Nolan Bond film would be. We don't need to see him spend years of his time making it when he can do other projects. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

I think he is the only STAR Director right know that draws people to the cinema and is becoming even more popular film by film.

What are other directors today you can make a case they are similar to Nolan? Maybe Tarantino?

Not for blockbusters, but Edgar Wright and Wes Anderson are brands at this point.

• Like 1

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

All of his Batman movies stole from Bond. Nolan said that multiple times in various interviews. Inception stole from Bond. Looks like Tenet is stealing from Bond as well. And then we have recent Bond films that have stolen from Nolan's films. My point here is between Skyfall, the Nolan Bat films, Inception, and (probably) Tenet, we already know what a Nolan Bond film would be. We don't need to see him spend years of his time making it when he can do other projects. 

TDK had more in common with crime dramas than spy films. 

20 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

There's Cameron, but he disappears for 12 years at a time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I don’t know about the trilogy as a whole but TDK was clearly his Scorsese crime drama. I would say Inception had more to do with Bond than say, TDKR.

Scorsese? TDK so clearly homages Michael Mann's HEAT.

• Like 3