Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

6 hours ago, Alli said:

omg when does Bond open?  i hope this doesn't steal its thunder

I've got a feeling this is going to be more "Ordianry guy gets accdientary  caught up in international intrigue " type spy film then a "Super Secret Agent Saves The World" type spy movie. "North By North West\Thirty Nine Steps" rather then "Goldfinger".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm 99.99% sure that the movie will include time travel.

On what assumption do you make that?

I see that Dunkirk has not quite rid people of the idea that every movie Nolan makes has go to be a science fiction movie. People forget he started with crime thrillers.....

• Thanks 1

i imagine there's some extra sci-fi element on top of it all. pattinson did say it's pretty complex. unless it's some dense tinker tailor-esque type deal full of incomprehensible spy lingo, which i would love but would make no money.

49 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i imagine there's some extra sci-fi element on top of it all. pattinson did say it's pretty complex. unless it's some dense tinker tailor-esque type deal full of incomprehensible spy lingo, which i would love but would make no money.

There might be a little sci fi element in it, like there is in many of the 007 films, but the idea this is going to be some kind of Inceptioneque thriller seems to me to be totally without any evidence. For one thing, why would Nolan and Warners want to hide that fact? The idea that the International Spy Thriller statement is just a cover story makes no sense whatsoever.

Looks like the initial "North by North West " comparasiion might be right after all.

48 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Is it a George Tenet biopic?

Dammit, I should have though to that one.

It would be pretty funny, though, if Nolan convinced tenet to do a cameo, like he convicned Patrick Leahy to do those cameos in his Batman films.

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

There might be a little sci fi element in it, like there is in many of the 007 films, but the idea this is going to be some kind of Inceptioneque thriller seems to me to be totally without any evidence. For one thing, why would Nolan and Warners want to hide that fact? The idea that the International Spy Thriller statement is just a cover story makes no sense whatsoever.

Looks like the initial "North by North West " comparasiion might be right after all.

i mean we barely know anything about it. i'm just spitballing i dunno how you can make "there's no way it would be this!" proclamations already. i didn't say the spy thing was a cover story either.

• Haha 1