Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

4 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Does he have a cameo in this or is he teaching them how to act?

Imagine a director inserting themselves into a movie by cameoing a mad dash to take a shit. I'd love it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Imagine a director inserting themselves into a movie by cameoing a mad dash to take a shit. I'd love it.

I think he is the only of the big directors who haven't cameoed in his own movie yet. 

32 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Why couldn't he have appeared in one of the best introductions ever in movies? ??? ?

watching that scene the first time I'd ever seen IMAX was amazing. That opening shot from the helicopter approaching the reflective blue glass on the building is so good. Don't even like the dark knight really but it sure looks good.

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

watching that scene the first time I'd ever seen IMAX was amazing. That opening shot from the helicopter approaching the reflective blue glass on the building is so good. Don't even like the dark knight really but it sure looks good.

I like how you edited your comment to add the final trollish line because you couldn't help yourself.

You haven't been on your best behavior after returning from the ban judging by literally every comment you have in threads. If you continue trolling every thread despite warnings not to continue that behavior when you returned, we will discuss a permanent ban.

Think twice before every comment, "Do I really want to be a troll here?"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

15 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I like how you edited your comment to add the final trollish line because you couldn't help yourself.

You haven't been on your best behavior after returning from the ban judging by literally every comment you have in threads. If you continue trolling every thread despite warnings not to continue that behavior when you returned, we will discuss a permanent ban.

Think twice before every comment, "Do I really want to be a troll here?"

Sorry I don't see how my comment is trolling? The Dark Knight looks AMAZING and that's coming from someone who is not a fan of the film. It was my first IMAX experience a few years ago.

I am not trying to troll people. Yes I post some dumb comments sometimes but if I'm being silly then its often not serious / in jest. Plenty of other people post funny/silly/daft/dumb comments, i mean, it's a forum. you don't like me, fine, but I don't know why you feel the need to single me out.

What are you specifically referring to?  "literally every comment" - https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/profile/24479-avatree/content/

These are the first page of my most recent comments :

874ac25b8b313f003d5d11665627da97.png3da03f9afc99b8f64c4e7e485c89af26.pngf5b9b18839fb3efbc5dc556f4852f4f6.png

Please can you tell me which comments you think are trolling? The only one that looks "trolling" is the one about people putting The Lighthouse at #1 in top 100 b&w films. That is a joke. We are allowed to make jokes here.

The posts in the lighthouse thread? I am not trolling, I am giving my opinion.

P.S. In case you think this post is being snarky to you i am being genuine, please can you give me examples, I would like to know what posts I am making wrong.

Thanks for the warning though.

:)

Edited by Avatree

I just remembered (after mr. pink mentioned Dunkirk in the monday thread) that Nolan's last two movies performed like this... 

7/21/17 Dunkirk WB $189,740,665 4,014 $50,513,488 3,720

...and this

11/5/14 Interstellar Par. $188,020,017 3,561 $47,510,360 3,561

...so the next logical prediction is... 

3 minutes ago, tawasal said:

I just remembered (after mr. pink mentioned Dunkirk in the monday thread) that Nolan's last two movies performed like this... 

7/21/17 Dunkirk WB $189,740,665 4,014 $50,513,488 3,720

...and this

11/5/14 Interstellar Par. $188,020,017 3,561 $47,510,360 3,561

...so the next logical prediction is... 

300 million.

• Thanks 1