Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

6 hours ago, AndyK said:

Dunkirk wasn't SciFi.

Neither were "Momento" and "Insomnia" the two small scale crime thrillers whose suncess won Nolan the Batman gig, or "The Prestige" the Victorian era mystery he made between BB and Dark Knight, and the Scifi elements in the first two of the Dark Knight films was very slight...in fact, the only real  sci fi element n both was the Scarecrow's gas.Look as his overall record and Nolan is much more a Crime Thriller kind of guy then a Sci Fi guy.

There is no evidence Tenet is going to be a  time travel sci fi film, and lots of evidence it will be a spy thriller..like Nolan saying so.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tawasal said:

It's also a good idea box office wise, with how India performed for Endgame (Not expecting the same numbers). Just saying a potential to rack in a lot of dough. 

Inception and TDKR were huge in India. So if its anywhere similar to Inception its gonna break out huge.

I wish they had cast Aamir khan for this instead. It would have ensured blocbuster numbers

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Inception and TDKR were huge in India. So if its anywhere similar to Inception its gonna break out huge.

I wish they had cast Aamir khan for this instead. It would have ensured blocbuster numbers

I think in scale it's going to be a lot smaller than TDKR and Inception, but Asia is growing and the demand is there, it's all about the supply. 

2 minutes ago, tawasal said:

I think in scale it's going to be a lot smaller than TDKR and Inception, but Asia is growing and the demand is there, it's all about the supply. 

I think this has 200m budget. why on earth do you think smaller scale than Inception. Its not just bcos Leo was starring in that. Leo back then was barely in any blockbusters(his 1st summer release in a decade). Nolan has much broader reach and he plays well almost everywhere(may be except Latin America).

24 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I think this has 200m budget. why on earth do you think smaller scale than Inception. Its not just bcos Leo was starring in that. Leo back then was barely in any blockbusters(his 1st summer release in a decade). Nolan has much broader reach and he plays well almost everywhere(may be except Latin America).

It's a spy thriller, which isn't going to have the same production as two mega movies as SCI-FI and a Superhero movie. 

On 5/23/2019 at 2:47 PM, dudalb said:

Neither were "Momento" and "Insomnia" the two small scale crime thrillers whose suncess won Nolan the Batman gig, or "The Prestige" the Victorian era mystery he made between BB and Dark Knight, and the Scifi elements in the first two of the Dark Knight films was very slight...in fact, the only real  sci fi element n both was the Scarecrow's gas.Look as his overall record and Nolan is much more a Crime Thriller kind of guy then a Sci Fi guy.

There is no evidence Tenet is going to be a  time travel sci fi film, and lots of evidence it will be a spy thriller..like Nolan saying so.

Exactly 

15 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I think there is a Sci-fi angle here. its not a simple spy thriller. Wait till we get a trailer.

I am not putting down the movie, I am excited for it and love everything Nolan has director. I just think it's not going to be in the scale of superheroes or sci-fi movies. And I am fine with it either way, cuz I know Nolan will deliver. 

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 7:07 PM, tawasal said:

It's a spy thriller, which isn't going to have the same production as two mega movies as SCI-FI and a Superhero movie. 

I don't know about that, the James Bond movies are spy thrillers, and they are generally mega movies with  massive action set pieces........

• Like 1