Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

5 hours ago, MrPink said:

A director can always fail, so I can never assume until people have seen it.

Or maybe that's me trying to tell myself that to temper expectations

what if it fails so hard it comes in second in BOT's best of 2020 list

• Sad 3

8 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Hope we get something as iconic as this :

When I saw the film I thought his daughter was called Merv (short for Mervin), which I thought was quite an odd thing to name your daughter

I saw leaked teaser and, well, Nolan sure knows how to tease. :worthy:

BTW, I don't think that "Time has come for the new protagonist" means what you guys think. I read as word-play, that time has come for him literally, to get him. Like in "Freddie's coming for you". 

Edited by Valonqar

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

BTW, I don't think that "Time has come for the new protagonist" means what you guys think. I read as word-play, that time has come for him literally, to get him. Like in "Freddie's coming for you". 

I'm inclined to agree with you here. If it was "THE time has come for a new protagonist" I'd understand some of the pushback, but the emphasis on time as the subject appears to heighten its importance in the story. 

Edited by gadd

Looks like Inception. I hated that movie. I would like something similar to The Prestige, that's a great movie. 

I laughed for  John David Washington's name screamed so loud, Warner bros is like "you don't know who he is but Nolan has a black lead so you can finally shut up". 

21 minutes ago, maxalcamo said:

Looks like Inception. I hated that movie. I would like something similar to The Prestige, that's a great movie. 

I laughed for  John David Washington's name screamed so loud, Warner bros is like "you don't know who he is but Nolan has a black lead so you can finally shut up". 

Yet, Warner Brothers states nothing about him being black in the trailer, so that is you once again projecting your own insecurities onto people. 

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Would you pm me a link?

50 minutes ago, gadd said:

I'm inclined to agree with you here. If it was "THE time has come for a new protagonist" I'd understand some of the pushback, but the emphasis on time as the subject appears to heighten its importance in the story. 

Exactly. :) That caught my eye right away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

I can't believe Nolan fans thought it meant the other thing, dissapointed in all of ya.