Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

I don’t particularly feel like watching H&S, so I guess I won’t be seeing that teaser until WB officially puts it online. 

Anyway, I do think it’s pretty fascinating that Nolan is still able to drum up hype for a film that isn’t part of an already popular IP. He and Quentin Tarantino are some of the only directors I can think of who can do that these days. 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t particularly feel like watching H&S, so I guess I won’t be seeing that teaser until WB officially puts it online. 

Anyway, I do think it’s pretty fascinating that Nolan is still able to drum up hype for a film that isn’t part of an already popular IP. He and Quentin Tarantino are some of the only directors I can think of who can do that these days. 

Cameron definitely could if he wasn't wasting his remaining years on the planet by making 10 Avatar sequels. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Cameron definitely could if he wasn't wasting his remaining years on the planet by making 10 Avatar sequels. 

I think Cameron is more into the tech part of the industry, as he takes his time developing until he is satisfied with what he got or invented/developed something new. I think he is the biggest nerd/geek of all the great filmmakers. 

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

While I am interested in seeing what Avatar 2 delivers this does kind of make me sad.  Suppose Cameron had done 1 movie every 4 or 5 years instead of avatar, we'd have 4+ Cameron movies between Titanic and today.  It's also why I hope the Russo's don't do any more Marvel stuff, I want to see what else they can do.

28 minutes ago, MattW said:

While I am interested in seeing what Avatar 2 delivers this does kind of make me sad.  Suppose Cameron had done 1 movie every 4 or 5 years instead of avatar, we'd have 4+ Cameron movies between Titanic and today.  It's also why I hope the Russo's don't do any more Marvel stuff, I want to see what else they can do.

Their pre-Marvel work isn’t especially noteworthy. In all honesty, when it comes to the MCU, it’s a little tough to figure out just how much credit the directors deserves once you take into account Kevin Feige’s influence. The Russos have certainly gained some clout in Hollywood after having directed what is currently the highest grossing film of all time, but I don’t know if their names alone would be enough to get people hyped for a project. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

The Russos are more managers than directors. They've never shown they have their own voice.

In a perfect world, I would set out a meeting and I would ask you to 

tell them that, word for word, to their fucking faces.

ANd I would film the conversation that ensues.

How glorious this would be.

It would problaby rhyme, like poetry.

ALas, this world is imperfect and your delusions of grandeur and your lack of basic humility will continue to poison your mind for a very, very long time.

C'est la vie.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Hypocritical for you to say that considering you shit on any film-maker making films for under $100m

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

How glorious this would be.

It would problaby rhyme, like poetry.

ALas, this world is imperfect and your delusions of grandeur and your lack of basic humility will continue to poison your mind for a very, very long time.

C'est la vie.

tumblr_mwzmwyJ0bD1s7fjb6o2_400.gif

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, TMP said:

Hypocritical for you to say that considering you shit on any film-maker making films for under $100m

On 7/31/2019 at 1:54 AM, The Futurist said:

Hypocrisy is the cancer of Humanity.

gonna get a lot of mileage out of this one.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, antovolk said:

5 hours ago, aabattery said:

Fun logo, and definitely a hint about the nature of the story/movie. 

Some fans have postulated this--does The Hollywood Reporter know things or are they just running clickworthy speculation?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/is-christopher-nolans-tenet-a-secret-inception-sequel-1228880

Obvs, Pattinson and Debicki are Dom and Mal's kids, all grown up! :) j/k, but mainstream movies are so averse to man/woman pairings where the woman is clearly taller (either it's played like a comedic thing, or the man wears lifts while the woman stands barefoot in a ditch and we pretend RDJ/Goop are the same height). One of my first thoughts about Debicki in Tenet was, "Oh, well, she can't be playing a love interest to RPattz or JDW," though it would be cool if she were. Above all else, though, I just hope her character is interesting in the story.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl