Eric Atreides

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

13 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

It is notable that these three actors never worked with Nolan. In the past, Nolan always enjoyed to use those persons he already did business with. It could be a sign that this film will be very different from previous Nolan works.

Nolan will find a way to fit in Hardy, Murphy, or Caine somehow. Just wait.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2019 at 3:59 AM, TalismanRing said:

Unfortunately in Dunkirk most were all indistinguishable from each, which was a real problem with the young three brunettes on screen together.  None of the characters were the least bit fleshed out and none of those young actors had the skill or charisma to stand out - even Styles face wasn't enough.  Aside from the name actors, who had a recognizable  face to lean on Jack Lowden as the blonde pilot was the only non "name" to stand out.

This isn't as starry as his usual but in terms of leads it's not Dunkirk level.

To be fair, the way he approached Dunkirk meant he did kind of need bland, indistinguishable faces for the ground aspect. Obviously it didn't work for everyone and came across clinical, but it fit what he was going for. This new movie will most likely not be going for the same sort of effect.

• Like 2

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2019/04/04/wikipedia-helped-robert-pattinson-get-sexy-space-role-high-life/3341803002/

Not that he has any room in his schedule for a second career. He recently finished shooting Netflix's Henry V drama "The King" with Timothee Chalamet, premiering later this year, and will spend the rest of 2019 in production on Christopher Nolan's highly anticipated follow-up to "Dunkirk," expected in theaters July 17, 2020. 

The actor says he's "sworn to secrecy" about the project, which has been described as a "massive, innovative action blockbuster." 

"I got locked in a room to read the script – I don't have it myself," he says. "I've been a little wary of doing big movies for years and years, but there's just something about Chris Nolan's stuff. He seems like the only director now who can do what is essentially a very personal, independent movie that has huge scale. I read the script and it's unreal."

Give it to me. You can tell them I took it by force.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/christopher-nolan-taps-hereditarys-jennifer-lame-new-movie-1197862?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR's Heat Vision_now_2019-04-05 12:30:14_acouch&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_heat_vision

For the first time in a decade and a half, Christopher Nolan will have a new picture editor.

Jennifer Lame, who last worked on horror indie hit Hereditary, has been tapped to serve as editor on Nolan’s newest project, an untitled action adventure that is to star John David Washington, Elizabeth Debicki and Robert Pattinson.

Nolan’s main man has been Lee Smith, the Australian editor who first collaborated with Nolan on 2005’s Batman Begins. That began a relationship that last through The Prestige, The Dark Knight, Inception, The Dark Knight Rises, Interstellar and most recently, Dunkirk. Smith won an Oscar for the 2018 movie, as well as the American Cinema Editors’ Eddie Award, and gathered a nomination for Dark Knight.

Smith, however, is unavailable because he just stepped onto 1917, the World War I epic being made by Sam Mendes, with whom he previously worked with on the 2015 James Bond movie, Spectre.

RIP Lee Smith

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Boy I wasn’t lying when I said Sam mendes is trying to step on nolan’s turf. Watch him cast Michael Caine and Tom hardy next just to flex.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 3

21 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Lee Smith has done a great job at editing most of the Nolan films (exceptions being TDKR and Interstellar) but I'm happy to see a female editor replace him. I honestly think women are better at editing movies than men (Thelma Schoonmaker, Mary Sweeney, Sally Menke, Margaret Sixel, Sandra Adriar, Dorothy Spencer, Barbara McLean, etc). Memento was also edited by a female editor and it probably has the best editing for a Nolan film along with Dunkirk.

Jennifer Lame also edited Manchester by the Sea and the Noah Baumbach films. She seems to be a really good editor, considering that all the films she edited had great editing (especially Manchester by the Sea and Hereditary).

Edited by lorddemaxus

3 minutes ago, Matthew said:

I think this movie has something do to with Time Travel. Just my Guess, could be wrong. 

it's in the article

Little is known about the new Nolan project but sources have described it as a globe-trotting adventure that has shades of the mind-bending nature of Inception but does involve the time continuum.  

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Boy I wasn’t lying when I said Sam mendes is trying to step on nolan’s turf. Watch him cast Michael Caine and Tom hardy next just to flex.

Will Zimmer even have the time to work on Nolan's next 🤔

13 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's in the article

Little is known about the new Nolan project but sources have described it as a globe-trotting adventure that has shades of the mind-bending nature of Inception but does involve the time continuum.  

Which anime is he ripping off now ??