WrathOfHan

25TH SCREEN ACTORS GUILD AWARDS DISCUSSION THREAD (BLACK PANTHER/MALEK/CLOSE/ALI/BLUNT WIN)

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I mean, I called this shit a while ago. Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

Ali is really sweeping this season, huh?

You really think Stone has any possible shot at winning even though she has no path, huh? Weisz also doesn’t have much of a path either unless she wins BAFTA (and even then).

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Is there really a question King is winning at this point? If Amy couldn’t even happen here...

honestly after finally seeing vice a couple days ago i get it. who'd vote for that performance honestly? if amy already had an oscar she wouldn't even get these nominations its a sympathy vote.

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Amy shouldn't win. She wasn't very good in Vice.

Love her to death like everyone else but yeah, if she won it would be the ultimate “this is what finally won him/her their Oscar?” I feel like the Vice love given by the Academy in nominations in spite of everything won’t age well in general.

Just coming here to say that Emily Blunt was robbed of an Oscar nomination this year. Similar to how Amy Adams was robbed of an Oscar nomination the year of Arrival (that one was an even bigger rob though). Hard to believe that someone as talented as Blunt is has never been nominated for one. 

• Like 1