WrathOfHan

25TH SCREEN ACTORS GUILD AWARDS DISCUSSION THREAD (BLACK PANTHER/MALEK/CLOSE/ALI/BLUNT WIN)

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Love her to death like everyone else but yeah, if she won it would be the ultimate “this is what finally won him/her their Oscar?” I feel like the Vice love given by the Academy in nominations in spite of everything won’t age well in general.

This entire awards season won’t age well.

• Haha 1

It always feels like actors end up winning for roles they shouldn't even be in consideration for simply because they were robbed of either a win or a nomination in the past. And the cycle just continues because the year they shouldn't win, someone else should win but then that person ends up winning years down the road for a role they shouldn't win for...

Edited by Nova

good for Blunt on winning best supporting actress (for a role that she was a lead in but w/e).

She could've had a real shot at winning best supporting at the Oscars if she got the nom since she already beat most of the Oscar supporting actress noms at the SAG except for Regina King and the girl from Roma.

Edited by RealLyre

21 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Amy Adams shoulda won the Oscar for Enchanted. Ridiculously, she wasn't even nominated. 

She was my Best Actress winner that year (and then again for Supporting Actress three years later for The Fighter). As much as I love her work and think she should be an Oscar winner, I'm glad she's not coasting to an overdue Oscar for a fine but not particularly revelatory performance in Vice.

Regina King has swept the critic Awards and won Golden Globes and BFCA. She is definitely taking theOscar. The fact that Amy Adams couldn't even win in a category when she's not competing in with Regina King is just pathetic. It just shows you that people don't mind I'll need her for vice but clearly there's no love or passion behind Vice for her. Rachel will win Bafta in Regina will go on to win the Oscars.

4 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

Regina King has swept the critic Awards and won Golden Globes and BFCA. She is definitely taking theOscar. The fact that Amy Adams couldn't even win in a category when she's not competing in with Regina King is just pathetic. It just shows you that people don't mind I'll need her for vice but clearly there's no love or passion behind Vice for her. Rachel will win Bafta in Regina will go on to win the Oscars.

How about an industry award?