YM!

Tom And Jerry | Warner Animation Group | February 26, 2021

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:25 PM, Morieris said:

https://variety.com/2019/film/festivals/warner-bros-looney-tunes-cartoons-bow-2019-annecy-festival-1203160337/

Sorta kinda.

If Shaun the Sheep could have next to no dialogue, I think this could too.

I really hope they  can pull the Looney Tune Revival off.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:17 PM, Jonwo said:

I think they said Tom and Jerry won’t speak but everyone’s who not animated will. 

Jerry the Mouse actually did speak once in his classic days.(1945).He had dialogue with Gene Kelly in the lead up to his famous dance number with Kelly in "Anchors Away". Of course this was a solo appreance for him as the Mouse King...(Tom has a wordless Cameo as one of the King's servents).

Anybody can contribute to IMDB as long as they setup an account. I can’t find any other info about this online, so someone could have just put it there as a hoax.

Though 2D for one or both of these would be great. (Maybe for Tom and Jerry they get pulled into our world and they’re CGI here, but in their world they’re 2D? I hope not, that trope needs to die...)

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:26 AM, TestPattern said:

Hybrid. Tom and Jerry will be handdrawn 2D animation.

They get brownie points for this being hand drawn.

Fascinating that Tom and Jerry were originally  MGM's attempt to compete with Disney and Warners in the cartoon sweepstakes; fairly successfully,unlike other studios whose attempts to go head to head with Disney and Looneytoons. generally failed.

ANd if it's hybrid, I sort of hope there is a dance number with Jerry the Mouse and one of the stars...probably Chloe..as sort of a homage to his dance number with Gene Kelly in "Anchors Away" which, even today, is an incredible bit of hybrid animatation.

Even Walt Disney, when he say it, said they did a better job on mixing Live action and animation then he had done so far.

Edited by dudalb

Lmao. Now this is the real deal. Warner bros can definitely have my money for this. I will even buy on pre-sales before opening day. I love stuff like this. This is a game changer. I really hope they can capture the humour of Tom and Jerry. I am a big fan and probably one of my most anticipated projects of all times

T-3.gif

thank you wb for making my childhood return on the big screen

200.gif

Edited by Geo1500
  • Like 1