YM!

Tom And Jerry | Warner Animation Group | February 26, 2021

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Tom and Jerry are CGI btw. Let's hope they look closer to the Pokemon from Detective Pikachu than Sonic or Garfield.

CGI or not, I doubt they will change the style: Tom&Jerry will look like they always look (unlike what happened to Sonic).

On 10/25/2019 at 11:14 PM, MrGlass2 said:

CGI or not, I doubt they will change the style: Tom&Jerry will look like they always look (unlike what happened to Sonic).

I believe it's going to either 2D or CGI but with a 2D look. 

21 hours ago, filmlover said:

Christmas is much better than April for this.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tom and Jerry's old slot is going to either Space Jam 2 or Sesame Street

https://deadline.com/2020/05/animated-movies-coronavirus-production-tom-and-jerry-spongebob-scoob-skydance-illumination-1202928961/

At Warner Bros, talk about great timing: Chris DeFaria, producer of the studio’s December 23 release Tom & Jerry, had just completed the live-action shoot for the animation hybrid movie just before the coronavirus forced the industrywide shutdown. Tom & Jerry stars Chloe Grace Moretz, Ken Jeong, Michael Pena and Colin Jost and follows the legendary cat and mouse’s rivalry in Manhattan.

“If our live-action shoot wasn’t completed, we’d have found ourselves in a situation similar to most other live-action films right now, who haven’t completed photography,” says DeFaria, who is overseeing a 500-person crew on the Tim Story-directed movie.

“But just because we finished live-action photography, that didn’t mean we didn’t have a whole set of other challenges that were unique to this typical situation,” adds the former DWA president, who rode herd on Universal’s most profitable film from last year, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World. The production of Tom & Jerry originally planned to have its editorial, post-production animation and reproduction workflow under one roof in London. But with the COVID-19 pandemic, “We had to find a way to continue to produce material, but in a fashion where no two people were ever in any one place at any one time,” DeFaria says.

Immediately as the crisis approached, DeFaria and his team assessed scenarios as to how they could pivot production. Initially, they drew up solutions that considered the travel restrictions being imposed back in March. There was also a second option involving centralized and decentralized production groups. By the time production and their Framestore and Warners partners ran the logistics and associated costs, the industrywide shutdown was already underway, making Tom & Jerry‘s only option to break into a remote workflow with artists split between London and Montreal, Story and editors were scattered throughout England, with an editor in Los Angeles.

Says DeFaria, who has served as EP on such Oscar-winning blockbusters as Gravity and Mad Max: Fury Road: “It’s a pretty extraordinary workflow. We’re moving forward, but it’s hard to measure progress. At the same distance, we’re trying to build a new decentralized pipeline and trying to rely on fantastic third-party software tools. You’re also trying to build metrics, some tools for measuring progress and success that doesn’t exist, so you’re like, ‘Are we getting the work done?’ Now I’m confident we are because we do obviously have the cut to work from, but it’s just another unique challenge.”

During COVID-19, Tom & Jerry is running a pipeline with parallel situations: conceiving animated scenes, doing creative exploration on certain shots, and finalizing material.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eric Atreides said:

https://deadline.com/2020/05/animated-movies-coronavirus-production-tom-and-jerry-spongebob-scoob-skydance-illumination-1202928961/ 

At Warner Bros, talk about great timing: Chris DeFaria, producer of the studio’s December 23 release Tom & Jerry, had just completed the live-action shoot for the animation hybrid movie just before the coronavirus forced the industrywide shutdown. 

If that's true then this movie had a weirdly long shoot given that it began filming in July. Space Jam: A New Leagcy started filming just one month before and it wrapped up back in September. 

Edited by TerwillikerInst

5 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

It is going to be weird to see tom & jerry talking on screen.

I don't remember they talked a lot on their shows. Hope Tom and take down jerry this time!! 

I owned the original Tom and Jerry Movie on VHS.

They talked the entire time and had whole musical numbers. 

20 hours ago, TerwillikerInst said:

If that's true then this movie had a weirdly long shoot given that it began filming in July. Space Jam: A New Leagcy started filming just one month before and it wrapped up back in September. 

It may have been reshoots they were doing before things shut down. 

8 hours ago, AJG said:

They've already said Tom and Jerry won't be speaking in the film. 

8 hours ago, AJG said:

I owned it on DVD and I don't remember actually minding that they spoke. I watched this movie so many times as a kid (and The Magic Ring and the racing one).

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

I owned it on DVD and I don't remember actually minding that they spoke. I watched this movie so many times as a kid (and The Magic Ring and the racing one).

I honestly thought the fact that they were speaking was incredible. I remember some kids at school not believing me when I told them.