PatrickvD

The Pixar Club

Watching Cars 2 for me was like someone taking my favourite teddy bear away from me as a child, ripping it into pieces and then setting it on fire. Either that or hearing the birds and the bees talk for the first time. But I still have faith in Brave and Pixar's future.

Watching Cars 2 for me was like someone taking my favourite teddy bear away from me as a child, ripping it into pieces and then setting it on fire. Either that or hearing the birds and the bees talk for the first time. But I still have faith in Brave and Pixar's future.

No need to exaggerate, it wasn't that bad.

The movie felt aggressively awful to me. It was almost as if Pixar was so desperate to get some pressure lifted off of them that they made the film as dumb as possible. That ending made me want to throw something hard at the screen.

Edited by tribefan695

The movie felt aggressively awful to me. It was almost as if Pixar was so desperate to get some pressure lifted off of them that they made the film as dumb as possible. That ending made me want to throw something hard at the screen.

What about the ending made you want to do that?

That scene was supposed to represent a serious development in Mater and Lightning's relationship. It came off as ridiculous and even creepy. Heck, that whole subplot was very poorly executed when it's supposed to be where Pixar excels. If you want to make an action film, whatever, but don't try to shoehorn some "heart" in if you can't do it right.MI4 was also a spy film and it developed its characters far better than Cars 2 did.

Edited by tribefan695

I agree that the character development was questionable, but I still think you're being overdramatic about it.

That's what Pixar's done to me. I expect to be invested in their characters so I get POd when they decide to phone it in. I know they're so much better than that.Though honestly I'm not sure Lasseter is anymore. Whatever movie he directs next will probably be the next one I don't really look forward to. Just hearing Stanton, Bird and Andrews talk about their respective projects they sound like they still care a lot more about making a good film than Lasseter does.

That's what Pixar's done to me. I expect to be invested in their characters so I get POd when they decide to phone it in. I know they're so much better than that.

Though honestly I'm not sure Lasseter is anymore. Whatever movie he directs next will probably be the next one I don't really look forward to. Just hearing Stanton, Bird and Andrews talk about their respective projects they sound like they still care a lot more about making a good film than Lasseter does.

I agree with this though.

I suspected this might happen after he did John Carter. Andrew Stanton's more open to doing sequels to his Pixar films.

http://www.slashfilm.com/sequel-bits-tekken-finding-nemo-2-pixar-sequels-mib3-red-2-iron-man-3-mad-max-fury-road/

I’m sure you’ll see some other sequels of things as they grow because now we are not so blinded. It’s the originals that keep us really going and it’s the sequels that are like comfort food, and I think it’s the same way for the audience.