Valonqar

May the Force be Furious! Hobbs&Shaw Over Episode IX WW

8 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

OUT

The 2nd film in both previous SW trilogies was the lowest, so I expect this one will beat TLJ by $100-$200m worldwide. On H&S, it's a spinoff no matter how you slice it, so it's going to drop some. 

Episode. 9 ------- $1.48 billion 

Hobbs & Shaw --- $965 million 

And SW can never flop, oh wait! Just because 2 trilogies had the same pattern, it doesn't mean third will too. By that logic, Hobbit movies should have outgrossed each other cause LOTR movies did and yet that did not happen. 

I like the club but for now I'm out.  I don't know what the exact draw of FF is in China but there's a lot missing from this that F7 and F8 had so my default assumption is this will drop there as well as many other places.

On the other side all Ep9 can open below Ep8, and have legs worse than Rogue One, with a 50/50 domestic-overseas split, and it'll do more than I think any FF movie will do from here on out.

10 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I'm confident that IX will miss Top 5 WW. I have Endgame, Pikachu, Frozen 2 and TLK locked in Top 4 (boxoffice will decide the order) and only need 1 more movies to outgross IX. So Captain Marvel and S&H are good bets, IMO. 

Don't understand all the Pikachu overpredictions on this forum. Thought they were jokes.

Detective Pikachu over Star Wars?

?????

Are you okay?

I'm out on this club.

Maybe this will change with the next trailer but it appears to be run of the mill action film. With no cars.

Fast & Furious without cars and without cast.

It will not do near the previous films. Probably do about half of the last FF film. 

On 2/2/2019 at 12:00 PM, Valonqar said:

I'm confident that IX will miss Top 5 WW. I have Endgame, Pikachu, Frozen 2 and TLK locked in Top 4 (boxoffice will decide the order) and only need 1 more movies to outgross IX. So Captain Marvel and S&H are good bets, IMO. 

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

(and people wonder why I got fed up with all the anti-Ep IX clubs that got created over the winter :ph34r:)

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

OK, so Pika bombed but if OS is bad enough FFH could end up over TROS? :ph34r:

I mean, if a ton of things go wrong,  I could see IX slipping out of the Top Five (though right now the over/under line might be Captain Marvel's 1.128b)

I just got annoyed with "confident".  Also, admittedly, there were a ton of anti-IX clubs around the time this club was created and I saw it as piling on.

(pretty sure my club is still the sole "pro" TROS club around for what it's worth)

Edited by Porthos

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I mean, if a ton of things go wrong,  I could see IX slipping out of the Top Five (though right now the over/under line might be Captain Marvel's 1.128b)

I just got annoyed with "confident".  Also, admittedly, there were a ton of anti-IX clubs around the time this club was created and I saw it as piling on.

(pretty sure my club is still the sole "pro" TROS club around for what it's worth)

Your club is likely going to win. TROS has some holy shit stuff that should play with GA

• Like 1