Valonqar

May the Force be Furious! Hobbs&Shaw Over Episode IX WW

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Your club is likely going to win. TROS has some holy shit stuff that should play with GA

You're gracious as always, Valonqar.  But I'll wait 'till I start getting a sense of how it is playing in the GA (either by pre-sales or actual sales) before I feel too confident. ;)

Just now, Porthos said:

You're gracious as always, Valonqar.  But I'll wait 'till I start getting a sense of how it is playing in the GA (either by pre-sales or actual sales) before I feel too confident. ;)

if that fails there are always legs. :stirthepot:

• Like 1

Never did officially OUT did I, even though it was heavily implied.

For the record: OUT.

Not even so much on the TROS side of the ledger but the H&S one.  Shawn's comments about tracking are giving me pause.  But right now pre-sales just ain't looking great.  I'm sure it'll have a nice run DOM and OS.  But I'm not seeing much that would juice this pretty high into the overall sales column. 

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

(and people wonder why I got fed up with all the anti-Ep IX clubs that got created over the winter :ph34r:)

Yeah, this anti TROS crap has gotten ridiculous.

And this whole club is a good example. The "in" people have yet to present a really good argument ;it's all just dissing on TROS.

I expected a certain amount of piling on the SW franchise after "Solo" bombed; it took away the air in invincibility that the franchise had up to that point. And it was big time embarrassment for Lucasfilms, no doubt about that.  But ithe SW is finished crap is just that:Crap.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Why do I have a feeling we are going to get a few clubs throughout fall like "It Chapter 2 over IX WW" "Joker over IX WW" "Jumanji over IX WW" "Goldfinch over IX WW"

IN on all of them :sparta:

6 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

People keep talking about THE RISE OF SKYWALKER suffering for THE LAST JEDI, but in my experience audiences didn't like THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS very much and I think HOBBS & SHAW is going to pay for it.

So both pay but question is who pays more. The club still lives on. :stirthepot:

@AndyK :hi5:

@Valonqar did you make several clubs that are Movie X over Episode IX? Lol.

That being said, I've noticed you've been a pretty good sport about Star Wars lately based on the stuff you've seen and heard about TRoS, rather than hate on it regardless, so kudos on that. Dare I say you're actually a bit optimistic?

1 hour ago, ViewerAnon said:

People keep talking about THE RISE OF SKYWALKER suffering for THE LAST JEDI, but in my experience audiences didn't like THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS very much and I think HOBBS & SHAW is going to pay for it.

Every Franchise will eventually hit a rough spot. Star wars was overdue for one.

It will recover if TROS is really good and what people want and expect.

It is weird that TLJ and Solo are what created the problem for the SW universe,IMHO both films, though flawed,,Solo in particular... are not as bad as TPM and AOTC were.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Your club is likely going to win. TROS has some holy shit stuff that should play with GA

Then why did you make this stupid club back then?

Did you honestly expect any less from JJ??

And I thought you from all people would know how SW works...

Anyway, for anyone who has interest in BO: bet on Ep. 9. You have no idea what you're in for.

Don't bet on spin-offs of Latino soap operas. They will disappoint.

Edited by shayhiri

16 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Every Franchise will eventually hit a rough spot. Star wars was overdue for one.

It will recover if TROS is really good and what people want and expect.

It is weird that TLJ and Solo are what created the problem for the SW universe,IMHO both films, though flawed,,Solo in particular... are not as bad as TPM and AOTC were.

Solo was never a problem. It was gonna do OK, though it had a very limited, risky and weird high concept. It is an innocent victim of TLJ, mostly.

TLJ, on the other hand, is a GIGANTIC, kamikaze problem that can and will destroy even the mightiest franchise ever. Only one man can stop it from doing so - and fortunately they called him and brought him back as soon as TLJ bombed.

Edited by shayhiri

38 minutes ago, JB33 said:

@Valonqar did you make several clubs that are Movie X over Episode IX? Lol.

That being said, I've noticed you've been a pretty good sport about Star Wars lately based on the stuff you've seen and heard about TRoS, rather than hate on it regardless, so kudos on that. Dare I say you're actually a bit optimistic?

Well, I made several clubs in hope one will succeed so all my hopes are now with Under Top 5! :lol:

I'm optimistic cause the stuff that GA will lap up will also create meltdowns and more YT content than ever. :stirthepot:

@shayhiri It isn't a stupid club. It's a club so bold it walks the line between lunacy and genius. Just like Pika over IX Club. Go big or go home. I ain't going home. :sparta: 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1