Jump to content
Eric in Boots

I Still Believe l March 13, 2020 l Lionsgate l Slambros already camping out in front of his local theater

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

 

May as well. My Spy won't take much of the audience away (then again, nor would AQP II).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:45 PM, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

So their making a unnecessary sequel to a sub par film (Granted it's good for a religious film), even the religious people are greedy.  

Anybody who followed the antics over the post 40 years of the Teleevanglists could have told you a number of religious leaders are greedy as hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:31 AM, Kraken said:

Greed is one of the defining traits of organized religion.

Greed is one of the defining traits of people in general.

Any group of human beings is going is probably going to have greed as a trait.

No love for some religious groups......I dislike the Religious Right in America a lot, I fully think they deserve the nickname "American Taliaban" but don't  like the cheap shot blanket condemnation of all religious groups you get from the "New Atheists" who I think are often as close minded and intolerant as the "Fundies" they hate so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:21 AM, Kraken said:

American Christians have thrown their support to a thrice-divorced man that pays porno actresses for sex and has a video saying he grabs women by the pussy just because it gives them access to power. And don't get me started on how megachurches take advantage of people's (morons) faith to swindle them.

 

So yes, we agree that man is responsible for their own greed, it just so happens that there's nothing divine in organized religion.

 

The sign was fine.

And here is why I don't like "THe New Atheism" much, despite being pretty much a skeptic/non beleiver when it comes to religion.

I think saying "All American Christians" support Trump and all people with religious beliefs are morons is painting with as broad a bunch As I have seen the likes of Jerry Farwell Junior do. Mr Pot,Meet Miss Kettle.

Most internet religious arguments end with the militant believers, and the militant non believers shouting at each other, and leaving any halfway neutral observer to say "They are both nuts".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JB33 said:

May as well. My Spy won't take much of the audience away (then again, nor would AQP II).

It's a niche film, and all the producers want to do is appeal to a niche audience. Ypu can't view this the way you would a normal release film.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dudalb said:

It's a niche film, and all the producers want to do is appeal to a niche audience. Ypu can't view this the way you would a normal release film.

Yeah, true. Upon reflection my statement was a bit of an odd one. The audience for the this movie is going to see it regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I looked this up and it's not really a sequel to I Can Only Imagine, it's just taking a similar concept of making a biographical movie based on a Contemporary Christian song. The story behind I Still Believe, I know it really happened but

Spoiler

it feels ripped from a weepy tragic YA romance novel: boy meets girl, girl is diagnosed with cancer, boy and girl marry anyway, girl dies four months later at 21. 

 

So it's baffling that they picked Britt Robertson, she looks nothing like Melissa Camp and I guess there's no late teens/early 20s role that Hollywood won't cast with someone pushing 30. Also, Shania Twain is in this because apparently you can't have a Christian movie without a country singer in the cast.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I know this is a Christian movie but this is obviously made to appeal to the YA crowd who loves young love and YA stories like A fault in our Stars, a walk to remember, etc.  That’s why they cast KJ Apa. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Organised religion is bad. You know why?? 

If God existed, he will never want Trump to become President. I used to think God is equal to all but clearly that's not true. American Christians are just power hungry. 

Edited by Grace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

So it's baffling that they picked Britt Robertson, she looks nothing like Melissa Camp and I guess there's no late teens/early 20s role that Hollywood won't cast with someone pushing 30.

Britt Robertson: the new Emma Roberts.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been rooting for Britt Robertson ever since she starred in Tomorrowland. I'm personally skeptical about this, even though I love Jeremy Camp, because it doesn't feel like it has as much genuine heart behind it as I Can Only Imagine did. That film had a beautiful melodramatic story to it, while this one feels a little more soulless in that they're trying to emulate the romance genre. I'm really hoping to be pleasantly surprised and I really want to see the film still, but I don't really feel good about it atm. I do think Lionsgate made a smart release date move today; the film has likely positioned itself as the marquee event of that specific weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ban1o said:

Yeah I know this is a Christian movie but this is obviously made to appeal to the YA crowd who loves young love and YA stories like A fault in our Stars, a walk to remember, etc.  That’s why they cast KJ Apa. 

Problem is the GA simply does not want to go to a movie where they know they is going to try to convert them to a religion, There is simply no disgusing that.

It will get the usual "faith " audience, but will not attract the YA audience.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Grace said:

Organised religion is bad. You know why?? 

If God existed, he will never want Trump to become President. I used to think God is equal to all but clearly that's not true. American Christians are just power hungry. 

I have lots of bad things to say about the  Militant Evangelicals..I fully approve the nickname of "American Taliaban" but to lump all American Christians in that category is incredibly ignorant as as intolerant as anything the Christian Fundies do.

But this is ANOTHER example of why the militant anti religionists are just as bad as the people they hate so much. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dudalb said:

Problem is the GA simply does not want to go to a movie where they know they is going to try to convert them to a religion, There is simply no disgusing that.

It will get the usual "faith " audience, but will not attract the YA audience.

 

Mmmm I disagree. I think theatrical YA movies are essentially dead which is why teens won't go see it in theatres but A walk to Remember , which is practically the same plot, with the same faith base was very popular among teens for awhile. I could see teens watching if it gets on Netflix. Imo “I can only imagine” wasn’t actively trying to convert people it was just telling the guys life story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ban1o said:

Mmmm I disagree. I think theatrical YA movies are essentially dead which is why teens won't go see it in theatres but A walk to Remember , which is practically the same plot, with the same faith base was very popular among teens for awhile. I could see teens watching if it gets on Netflix. Imo “I can only imagine” wasn’t actively trying to convert people it was just telling the guys life story. 

I have to disagree. I think if word gets out this is a faith based film..and it will...interest outside of the usual audience for this kind for this film will vanish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took my mom to go see I Can Only Imagine a couple years ago and she had a great time.

 

She caught the trailer for this awhile ago and pretty much announced to me that we'll be doing the same thing for this one.

 

Okay mom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks sappy, cute, whatever. Not my thing, but there's a definite crowd who will enjoy this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait KJ Apa and Britt Robinson? And Dennis Quaid was in the last one? Is this a Dog's Purpose reunion or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.