sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimate | LEGO MOVIE 2 $8.5M | WHAT MEN WANT $6.6M | COLD PURSUIT $ 3.64M | THE PRODIGY $2.02M

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Should I be depressed or not? Is $50M OW still happening?

Possibly, possibly not. Lego Batman is about as close a comparison as you can get (remember it had same release date) and it had -32% lower previews than Batman.

The budget doesn’t look good either, this cost $99M, and if DOM goes sub $150M, and if OS is as weak as reported, this won’t get pass $300M WW. 

Everything’s not Awesome :whosad:. Now it’s time for me drown my sorrows.

• Like 1

where are the numbers for The Prodigy? 

after watching the movie I have a feeling it'll break out to a double digit weekend :ph34r:

that Lego number (2.1M including early sneaks) is pretty disappointing considering it's still less than Lego Batman (2.2M) despite having longer Thursday previews (5PM vs 4PM) and early sneak peeks from Jan.

a sub 50M weekend will be underwhelming.

• Like 1

It seems the spin offs hurt the Lego Movie brand a bit much like how HTTYD2 made less than the first due to the TV series and the long gap between sequels.

Itll be interesting to see if the other Lego movies come into fruition. I think Lego Batman 2 is likely but not sure on Billion Brick Race, next year and the year after the focus for WAG seems to be on films based on the existing IP like Scooby, Space Jam, Tom and Jerry and Super Pets

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 3

https://deadline.com/2019/02/lego-movie-2-chris-pratt-what-men-want-cold-pursuit-liam-neeson-box-office-weekend-1202552562/

Orion’s R-rated horror pic The Prodigy drew $350K last night which is on par with horror pics like 2015’s The Lazarus Effect ($350K preview, $10.2M weekend) and DreamWork’s R-rated Fright Night ($350K, $7.7M opening); it’s also slightly above BH Tilt’s The Belko Experiment ($325K preview, $4.1M opening).

Ehh, I guess it's alright

• Astonished 1